CARTERSVILLE, GA – Veteran driver Jody Coltrane of Free Home, GA will come out of a ten-year retirement to drive the #1 Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified owned by Mike Vaughn Racing this Sunday night at North Georgia Speedway in Chatsworth, GA. The 53-year-old driver said the opportunity to drive for Vaughn was the biggest reason he decided to get back in a race car.

“Somebody asked me the other day if I would ever get back in a race car again,” Coltrane said. “I told them the only way I would do it is if it was a front-running car, and it wasn’t but a couple of days later that Mike Vaughn called me and asked me to drive his Open-Wheel Modified this Sunday at North Georgia Speedway.”

Coltrane, who began his racing career in 1988, has two a couple of track championships throughout his career at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA and Rome Speedway in Rome, GA, said he’s familiar with the Open-Wheel Modifieds, having helped a friend in Arkansas work on this type of race car.

“To drive for Mike Vaughn is an honor and a great opportunity because he has always had good drivers, and it’s truly an honor to be one of them,” Coltrane said. “I’ve known Mike Vaughn for a long time, and not only has he had good drivers, but to get good drivers, you have to have good equipment. Mike Vaughn’s equipment is a threat to win any race they’re a part of.”

Hall of Fame drivers like Ken Schrader of Fenton, MO, Jeff Purvis of Clarksville, TN, Ronnie Johnson of Chattanooga, TN, the late Mike Head, and Georgia legends that include Marshall Green, Justin Wakefield of Ellijay, GA and Don Jenkins of Kingston, GA, and Mississippi legend Johnny Stokes of Columbus, MS have all driven for Mike Vaughn. Jenkins will serve as the Crew Chief for Coltrane’s run at North Georgia Speedway.

The Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified is powered by the economical Chevrolet Performance 602 Circle Track Engine, 350 horsepower a steel head steel block engine build and sealed at the factory to prevent any expensive modifications. Vaughn has a deep history with the Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engines.

Vaughn founded Crate Racin’ USA in 2005 and brought the sealed Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engines into the limelight of American Dirt Track Racing for the next 15 years. Crate Racin’ USA featured both a highly successful National Tour and a Weekly Racing Series at dirt tracks across the county,

The Chevrolet Performance 602 engine in the Mike Vaughn Racing Open-Wheel Modified came right out of the crate from Vaden Chevrolet in Savannah, GA ready for competition. For more information or to place an order with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast, call Rick Freeman at Vaden Chevrolet at 833-823-3678.

The Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified is also sponsored by Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, KRC Power Steering, David Smith Carburetors, Lightning Chassis, Federated Auto Parts, Gresham Race Parts, Schoenfeld Headers, Bert Transmissions, and Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange.

Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange offers wide variety of quality pre-owned vehicles at affordable prices with easy payment plans. Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange is located at 749 Burnt Hickory Road in Cartersville, GA. For more information call 770-382-0515, or visit their web site at www.mikesautoexchange.com, or Like their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MikeVaughnsAutoExchange/.