Default I-70 Appoints Casey Shuman As General Manager

The newly reopened I-70 Motorsports Park is excited to announce Casey Shuman as its new General Manager going into the 2023 season. Shuman currently serves as the World of Outlaws Late Model Series Director and plans to finish the 2022 season with the series while transitioning into his new position with I-70 Motorsports Park. Chris Payne, I-70 owner, and his partner share excitement regarding the hire, “Casey’s time as a racecar driver, sanctioning body owner, and Series Director with The World of Outlaws have groomed him to become an industry leader. We’re thrilled to have him directing I-70 Motorsports Park’s operations, scheduling, and overall progression of our facility to the next level.”Shuman grew up in a racing family and is familiar with the history of I-70 Speedway. “I’m looking forward to partnering with such a historic venue. The rebuilt and updated I-70 Motorsports Park is world-class and one of the most modern dirt tracks in the country,” said Shuman. “A facility like this will provide an opportunity to host the top series and drivers in all of dirt racing. We will focus on scheduling 8 to 10 noteworthy events for 2023.”Following his own racing career in sprint cars and midgets for more than 20 years, Casey and his wife Brooke owned and operated the WAR Sprint Car series from 2015 to 2019. He has been Series Director for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series since 2018. Shuman also leads the Xtreme Outlaw Series and will continue to hold a key role within that series in 2023. I-70 Motorsports Park reopened in 2021 after being dormant for more than a decade. The 1/2 mile dirt oval located in Odessa, Missouri is completing its second season with a finale of Super Late Model and B-Mod races remaining on Saturday, September 10.
    Last edited by Oiler; 09-02-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Francis up next for WoO director?

Default Casey Shuman

Looks like he will be the new General Manager at I 70. Now the Steve Francis move to the World of Outlaws makes sense.

https://www.facebook.com/I70Motorspo...4191429641517/

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I would say so. And would probably say this has all been in the works for awhile.

Wink Let's go Francis!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I can already hear the chants, Let's go Francis!http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/biggrin.png