Default Hillbilly 100 Cancelled?

Heard a decision is going to be made tomorrow to cancel it if the weather still calls for 60-80% rain. Cant see carl cancelling this event 3 yrs in a row now. Anyone hear anything yet?

Sucks if true. Not helping the event at all that it hasn’t been ran in 3 years

Nothing would surprise me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'm not sure on anything regarding this year, but I can see that decision being made tomorrow. Simply because last year it was Lucas's decision to cancel the night before. Their drivers didn't want to show up with a chance of rain and an opportunity to get laps at Eldora instead. I love Eldora but it has destroyed this event. They need to drop the sanction imo, make it a regional crown jewel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm not sure on anything regarding this year, but I can see that decision being made tomorrow. Simply because last year it was Lucas's decision to cancel the night before. Their drivers didn't want to show up with a chance of rain and an opportunity to get laps at Eldora instead. I love Eldora but it has destroyed this event. They need to drop the sanction imo, make it a regional crown jewel.
    Amen sir! It could be a very special regional event.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The hillbilly wasn't sanctioned before and Eldora isn't killing it. Eldora had always run Sunday and hillbilly Monday that I can think of till recently. Maybe everyone's beloved Lucas sanction has killed it. Was alms Friday Attica Saturday oakshade Sunday Eldora and flyers were always on window about hillbilly of parked vehicles

The hillbilly was stars sanctioned. Eldora is definitely killing it. Guys skip it because they want to be prepared for the biggest race of the year. Especially since it’s went to 4 days the last couple years. The stars of the sport would rather race a $5,000 tuneup at Eldora than be at Tyler County. Are you from West Virginia? Do you attend the Hillbilly regularly?
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 09-02-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    The hillbilly wasn't sanctioned before and Eldora isn't killing it. Eldora had always run Sunday and hillbilly Monday that I can think of till recently. Maybe everyone's beloved Lucas sanction has killed it. Was alms Friday Attica Saturday oakshade Sunday Eldora and flyers were always on window about hillbilly of parked vehicles
    In 2007, I know for a fact the hillbilly was ran the day before the Appleseed race, I went to both. Carrier won the hillbilly, Jeep won the ALMS race.

Lucas needs to run Friday and Saturday if they're going to continue to sanction the hillbilly. Not enough cars around anymore to support both races.

Your talking 07 and I'm talking prior to that even. Maybe my memory fuzzy I thought hillbilly was Monday show. I am remembering though guys like Moran or Moyer coming to Eldora for tune-up so maybe fliers were on cars Friday night and they raced Sunday. I'll still stand that lucss hurts car count.

No never been to tyler, was gonna finally go this year but changed mind. Seen 30 cars at Attica tonight, why ride 5hrs to see 38 cars and fastest 1 lap start on pole all night

The forecast has changed a little with rain not expected until around 10pm on Sunday. Be nice if that holds true and they squeeze the show in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    25k and a combo of WV,OH, PA, KY hotshots would make for a pretty diverse field.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    The first and only time I went to the Hillbilly 100 was in 1994 at Pennsboro Speedway and it was run on a Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    The first and only time I went to the Hillbilly 100 was in 1994 at Pennsboro Speedway and it was run on a Sunday afternoon.
    All Pennsboro races were day races-no lights.

I’m a lot more excited for the hillbilly make up date. 4 race weekend with all tracks semi close. Thursday night should bring a lot better car count.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    All Pennsboro races were day races-no lights.
    😂🤣,..................
    8/13/16

That’s not true the track had a race one time years ago at night with portable lights

^^^ Also they had that one street light on the right hand side as you entered the track . . .

The race isn't cancelled, postponed until the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    The race isn't cancelled, postponed until the 29th.
    No (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) LOL