Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RocketHud1

Not everyone is a fit for the Rocket house car. Tough for a family man. Obviously why Sheppy has moved on.
    8/13/16

That makes sense why B Shepp left his ride. My guess is Josh Rice who can bring sponsor money too boot. He is a lot better than many people realize. Since he has been more regional, I understand a lot of fans may not know a lot about him. We'll see

Could part of this deal be that josh gets the sellers ride ? I wonder for Boom to be fielding 2 cars that he got some type of financial services out of West Virginia.

On the Road to Eldora segment, Sellers says he races on a $250k budget, since his equipment and shop is paid for!

Jimmy would fit in nicely with him!

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    Just a normal racing collision. Disagree. Hudson will shine in that ride.
    Time to get ready for " The HUDDY O SHOW " !! !! !!

I’ve met Roger Sellers once, but wouldn’t classify that as “knowing him”. I’ve never met Josh Richards and certainly don’t know him. I learned a lot about Sellers though watching that excellent Road to Eldora segment the other night…and what little bit I do know about Richards, I can’t see that being a good or likely pairing. The Jimmy Owens to DoubleDown proposal is interesting though. Even at Jimmy’s age and later years in his career, he is still an incredible talent and can wheel a race car with the best of them, and as others on this thread have said, he carries an incredibly large and loyal following. Jimmy has an easy commute from his home in Newport to Sellers’ shop in Morristown. It’s the type of pairing where you could see Jimmy and Roger grabbing a cup of coffee at the local Hardee’s then casually heading to the shop to prep for a McDowell type schedule. Jimmy could run that ride without wearing out the equipment, and still keep the team at a top tier level that would be ready for young talent whenever did decide to hang up the helmet. But then again, it’s all just speculation right…

I talked to a fan last night that thought that Tyler Erb should have gotten the Rocket 1 ride . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I talked to a fan last night that thought that Tyler Erb should have gotten the Rocket 1 ride . . .
    That gets a big ol LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    That gets a big ol LOL
    I'm sure that combo would have ended up with Richards being smacked again ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I'm sure that combo would have ended up with Richards being smacked again ? ?
    Richards does that on his own.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Perhaps, Richards would have to employ Casey Roberts as a bodyguard! lol

I never understood why Bshep was in the house car so long. Wouldnt you want to have a number of drivers from different regions? I thought that was kinda what house cars have done in years past. Some one one brought it up in a few threads back. I never heard any rumors but thought something was odd about Mark and Josh, and wondered if there was a falling out. Josh movimg to Ohio was a shocker to me. I figured Josh would be a Rocket HQ every day possible to take over the business eventually, and improving growing it as well. Sounds like that isnt the case.

It's called work, hard work. Richards , along with Steve Baker, have made Rocket a power house in the chassis building arena. It has been wildly rumored that josh never wanted to put the time in. Sometimes family members can not work together. I was always amazed that if team valvoline was on 1 end of pit road the ride josh was piloting was nowhere close. You would think information would be shared but that was far from the case. When Pierce got the Dunn Benson ride he was in team blue's trailer more than his at Florida speedweeks.

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    I never understood why Bshep was in the house car so long. Wouldnt you want to have a number of drivers from different regions? I thought that was kinda what house cars have done in years past. Some one one brought it up in a few threads back. I never heard any rumors but thought something was odd about Mark and Josh, and wondered if there was a falling out. Josh movimg to Ohio was a shocker to me. I figured Josh would be a Rocket HQ every day possible to take over the business eventually, and improving growing it as well. Sounds like that isnt the case.
    Shinnstin, WV isn’t exactly living in paradise

And where do you live Flyboy?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    And where do you live Flyboy?
    In mommy’s basement.

Rajflyboy don't you believe that Shinnston, in West [By GOD] Virginia could be " HILLBILLY HEAVEN " to some ? ?

Not sure about ole Flyboy but: I have lived in Hillbilly Heaven in the mountains of East Tennessee and there is no place like home! We don’t speak English- it’s “Appalachian Hillbilly.”
    I’m sure the West Virginians are proud of their heritage as well!

^^^^^^ Just like those in The Steel City are proud of their " YINZER " lingo ? ? ^^^^^^

Eastern TN is much nice than Shinnston. And hell no I don’t live in WV or PA