Matt Cosner Claims Career Payday in Bedford’s Labor Day 55
West Virginia Racer Collects $12,055 for Winning Performance

RIDGELEY, W.Va. (09/06/22) – Matt Cosner took a chance with two laps remaining in Friday night’s Labor Day 55 at Bedford Speedway, and it paid off to the tune of $12,055, which marked the biggest win of his career.

The victory marked the third of the 2022 campaign in his Global Truck Outfitters No. 66c Nelson Auto Sales/ R.H. Lapp Mechanical Contractors/ Rocket Chassis/ Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model.

"I wasn't gonna back out of it there for nothing," Cosner said in regards to his late-race heroics on Friday night at Bedford Speedway. "I was going for it. The wins are hard to get. These guys are tough. I bided my time there, just kind of rolling. … It just played out our way.

“We’ve got some great folks, who support this program, and this win is for them. It made it even sweeter to have my teammate, Eddie Carrier Jr. finish fourth. Just an all-around great night for our team.”

Matt Cosner kicked off his Labor Day weekend with the Zimmer’s United Late Model Series (ULMS) on Friday evening with a visit to Bedford Speedway (Bedford, Pa.) for the Labor Day 55.

With 32 Late Models on grounds, Matt followed up the second-fastest time in his group with a heat race triumph. Earning the sixth-starting position for the A-Main, Cosner slowly worked way to the front as he closed in on Rick Eckert and Gregg Satterlee as the duo battled for the lead in later stages of the 55-lapper.

With contact from the two front-runners setting up a late-race restart, Matt powered ahead of Eckert at the start and led the final two circuits to secure his third win of the season and second career ULMS checkers.

He captured a $12,055 prize ahead of Ross Robinson, Alex Ferree, his teammate Eddie Carrier Jr. who started in 18th, and Michael Norris fifth.

On Saturday evening at Port Royal Speedway (Port Royal, Pa.) for the Butch Renninger Memorial, Cosner’s second-place finish in his heat race placed him on the fourth row for the $7,333-to-win A-Main. Retiring on lap 23, Matt was credited with a 22nd-place outing.

For full results from these events, please visit www.ULMSRacing.com.

Matt Cosner Racing will be idle this weekend before resuming action on September 16-17 with a Zimmer’s United Late Model Series (ULMS) doubleheader at Dog Hollow Speedway (Strongstown, Pa.). The Hustle at the Hollow weekend includes the $2,000-to-win Burns Brothers Memorial on Friday night and the $10,000-to-win Tom Smith Memorial on Saturday night.

For the latest news and plans regarding Matt Cosner, keep your browser pointed to the team website at www.MattCosner.com as well as their social media on Facebook and Twitter @MCR66c and Instagram @MattCosnerRacing.

Matt Cosner would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Nelson Auto Sales, Global Truck Outfitters, R.H. Lapp Mechanical Contractors, Mighty Auto Parts, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil, Phase 2 Wrap Materials, Rocket Chassis, Kenny Pettyjohn Racing, TC Race Cars, Daugherty Motorsports, Orange Fatkat Media, Cornett Racing Engines, and MyRacePass.com Marketing & PR Services.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)