Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora race surface!

Lets hope we get a good race surface for this weeks racing. A lot of unknowns, The track has only been raced on once since the Kings royal which was July 16th. And that show was on Aug 6th and only had 37 cars total for a modified and stock car event. Remember a late model has not raced on this surface all summer since the Dream. What a joke this track sits closed 70% of the racing season. I know thats harsh, but Eldora was only open 4 weekends all summer. I can already hear the excuses, but Knoxville, Port Royal, Lernersville and Lucas oil speedway race almost every weekend. If you claim to love the sport, RACE. Trust me Eldora makes enough at the Dream, World and Kings Royal to fund the entire race season. If Eldora ran more often you would see great racing surface there. How many cars do you even see from within 90 miles of the track? Casebolt, Chanberlain, Bowersock, Kody Evans, thats it. Guys from the area are not building cars. They only had 12 stock cars last race and 24 modifieds, thats sad.

where would they get the cars from? most tracks have dropped lates and now you want to take cars form the few tracks that are running. eldora probably cost a lot to open for any event and even though they make a lot off of there specials, they are not there to operate at a lost. tell tony you want to rent the place form him a few weekends.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Lets hope we get a good race surface for this weeks racing. A lot of unknowns, The track has only been raced on once since the Kings royal which was July 16th. And that show was on Aug 6th and only had 37 cars total for a modified and stock car event. Remember a late model has not raced on this surface all summer since the Dream. What a joke this track sits closed 70% of the racing season. I know thats harsh, but Eldora was only open 4 weekends all summer. I can already hear the excuses, but Knoxville, Port Royal, Lernersville and Lucas oil speedway race almost every weekend. If you claim to love the sport, RACE. Trust me Eldora makes enough at the Dream, World and Kings Royal to fund the entire race season. If Eldora ran more often you would see great racing surface there. How many cars do you even see from within 90 miles of the track? Casebolt, Chanberlain, Bowersock, Kody Evans, thats it. Guys from the area are not building cars. They only had 12 stock cars last race and 24 modifieds, thats sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    where would they get the cars from? most tracks have dropped lates and now you want to take cars form the few tracks that are running. eldora probably cost a lot to open for any event and even though they make a lot off of there specials, they are not there to operate at a lost. tell tony you want to rent the place form him a few weekends.

lokwaidid

I'm with you on this one. He might want to stop whining while he's at it. Times have changed. The best fix for late models is to take the arrow away.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Eldora is a tax write off for its owner

I'm laughing that Lernerville was uttered in the same sentence as Knoxville, Port Royal, and Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Yes, they have no interest in weekly racing, whether there are cars or not.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I can assure you that Eldora makes money when it is open, so how do you figure it is a tax right off?

Same thing I was thinking.
    But he has never been to Eldora- so how would he know anything about it other than social media/streaming.

Say what you will. Im sure a lot of you live near tracks that actually race. I live 25 minutes from the track. Whats the big deal having a track thats closed all the time! Tony has little to no interest in racing there. Tony owns the All star sprint series, they race 2 times a year there. Tony didnt even attempt to run his SRX series at Eldora, you tell me if they have an interest in racing at Eldora. Im sure Earl is rolling over in his grave. Earl did not sell Eldora to Tony to be a special events track only. Eldora up until the last 5 years has been a staple in Darke county and that whole area. I dont enjoy bashing the track, but honestly as my home track, I think Eldora is below average. I dont plan on moving, but it sure would be nice to be close to Port Royal, Knoxville, Davenport, Attica, and etc.

Note, I meant Williams Grove, not Lernersville. lol. right state, wrong track.

Limaland only runs 6 shows a year cause of rain and season championship was like August 3rd but not complaining about them. Stocks have priced themselves out. Is union County still racing? Trying to think where stock cars gonna come from and so far I've got Limaland, Wayne County, and oakshade as possible tracks. Millstream been closed for years. Montpelier but they run same night.....I'm at loss.

Latemodels are Attica, Wayne County, oakshade, moler, and Florence, Oops forgot kc. That's only 2 Friday night tracks

Note, I meant Williams Grove, not Lernersville. lol. right state, wrong track.
    It's Lernerville, no s. And Williams Grove is nothing special unless you count the obnoxious sprint car fans.

Im sure Earl is rolling over in his grave. Earl did not sell Eldora to Tony to be a special events track only. .
    How the he!! do you know what Earl and Tony's deal was? I get it you're upset, but you sound like a grade school child.

i think tony bought the place around 2006 or so. about that time there were a lot of cars racing in all classes and tony ran close to the same shows that earl did until times changed. i don't remember earl running many august shows then either. weekly racing of late models anywhere is just about over. oakshade, lake cumberland and attica are about the only tracks i can think of within a couple of hundred miles that has weekly lates.

Rich people ain’t dumb. I’m sure Tony uses the tax codes to his advantage (as he should)

I'm going off memory but last weekend in March was opener and think was usac, April 13th area was woo, but Eldora ran like 6 or 8 weeks straight with alms there couple times, maybe April 28th and then memorial day weekend. They'd take week off and do dream then 2 weeks later woo then ohio sprint speedweek then couple weeks again and something. Their schedule was thick in beginning of season and tapered around memorial day till end of season mid October or late September for fall nationals and all star finale. Sticks were scheduled 11 or 13 shows a season, that's from end of March till mid October. That's not exactly a weekly program

Jim you forgot that they also ran 4 night in a row in August for the HBO and the Late models were with the Outlaws on Friday Night. Also 1 week before the Dream they ran the WOO with mods and stocks. and also they ran alot of DARE Nights for the kids with 360's, mods and stocks. Late Models were normally 2 times in April, 1 time in May, Dream of course, 2 times in August, World 100, Then All Star finally after 4 crown, and then 2 weeks later the UMP Nationals. So 9 times a year plus Eldora had 20 weekends they raced over like 32 dates. Thats as of 2004 the last year Earl had it. Then it stayed the same until 2012 or so. then it went down and now its way down a specials track only.

Just my guess.....There are tracks that, for many reasons, lose money running weekly shows. Their specials are what pulls the bottom line from the red to the black for the year. Maybe Eldora was losing money running weekly and the decision was made to run specials only.

After the track work and dirt removal performed before the million, I have no doubt Tony and crew will have the track in top condition.
    8/13/16

The real reason for the lack of events in my opinion was the fact they want to run 1 time a month and only want 1 to 2 classes to deal with so they can be done in 2 to 3 hours. For example. Hotlaps at 6:30 racing 7:30 on the road at 9:30. Also once they went to the steel in the drivers door and full containment seats and all back in 2017 car counts dropped. Then when races were cut they dropped again. I look at Oakshade and say why cant we get 30 stock cars heck Oakshade gets 40 to 50 a night. The mods used to get 30 to 50 a night when they had the UMP Nationals. Cant help but think cutting the Late Model purses when they were getting 55 to 80 late models was a bad move cause then they got 30 or so a year. Then less fans showed up. ELDORA is its worst enemy.