CARTERSVILLE, GA – Mike Vaughn Racing of Cartersville, GA will send Rome, GA driver Mario Gresham to wheel the #1 Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified in the 50th Annual Alabama State Championship Race at East Alabama Motor Speedway in Phenix City, AL on September 15-17.

Gresham has been a sponsor of Mike Vaughn Racing for two years through his Gresham Race Parts in Rome, GA, and he has been an accomplished driver in several racing Divisions throughout the Southeast. Gresham is excited for the opportunity to drive for Vaughn in one of the premier races in the Southeast.

“I’m excited for the opportunity to drive the Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified for Mike Vaughn Racing because they always have good equipment prepared by good people,” Gresham said. “With the list of drivers Mike Vaughn has had through the years, you know his equipment is top notch and capable of winning any race.”

Hall of Fame drivers like Ken Schrader of Fenton, MO, Jeff Purvis of Clarksville, TN, Ronnie Johnson of Chattanooga, TN, the late Mike Head, and Georgia legends that include Marshall Green, Justin Wakefield of Ellijay, GA and Don Jenkins of Kingston, GA, and Mississippi legend Johnny Stokes of Columbus, MS have all driven for Mike Vaughn.

Gresham will be a busy driver at the 50th Annual Alabama State Championship Race, as he will not only drive the Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified, but he will also compete in three other Divisions that include the 604 and 602 Late Model Divisions, and also the Hobby Division.

The two Late Models will come out of Gresham’s Racing stable and will be powered by a Chevrolet Performance 400 horsepower aluminum head steel block 604 Circle Track Engine and a 350 horsepower steel-head steel block 602 Circle Track Engine, both built and sealed at the factory to prevent any expensive modifications. The Hobby car is owned by Todd Lindsey.

“The Alabama State Championship Race has a lot of different Divisions, and they race pretty much non-stop from 10 a.m. through the wee hours of the morning, so there’s a lot of waiting if you run just one Division,” Gresham said. “I’ve got a good group of support people that can have the cars ready for me to jump in drive, so running multiple Divisions eliminates the waiting.”

Gresham said running four different Divisions takes different styles of driving, but he has enough experience in each type of race car to quickly adjust to how he needs to approach each event. He says it can be a challenge trying to keep up with the changing dirt track conditions as the day wears on into the night time hours.

“The one thing I like about the Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified is that with the tires we run combined with the Chevrolet Performance 602 Engine from Vaden Chevrolet, there’s always going to be traction no matter the track conditions,” Gresham said. “That’s something that is different from any other race car I’ve driven. They’re a lot of fun to drive, and they’re easy to maintain.”

Mike Vaughn is happy to have Mario Gresham on his race car as an Associate Sponsor with Gresham Race Parts, and even more excited to have him in the Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified as a driver in the Alabama State Championship Race.

“Mario Gresham has been a huge help to Mike Vaughn Racing in so many ways through Gresham Race Parts, not only with great equipment and service, but also with technical support,” Vaughn said. “You take all of that and plug Mario into the seat, and I’m confident it’s going to be a winning combination. I know Mario and I both would love to bring that Alabama State Championship Trophy across the Chattahoochee River and keep it in Georgia for a while.”

The Chevrolet Performance 602 engine in the Mike Vaughn Racing open-Wheel Modified came right out of the crate from Vaden Chevrolet in Savannah, GA ready for competition. For more information or to place an order with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast, call Rick Freeman at Vaden Chevrolet at 833-823-3678.

The Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified is also sponsored by Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, KRC Power Steering, David Smith Carburetors, Lightning Chassis, Federated Auto Parts, Gresham Race Parts, Schoenfeld Headers, Bert Transmissions, and Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange.

Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange offers wide variety of quality pre-owned vehicles at affordable prices with easy payment plans. Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange is located at 749 Burnt Hickory Road in Cartersville, GA. For more information call 770-382-0515, or visit their web site at www.mikesautoexchange.com, or Like their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MikeVaughnsAutoExchange/.