Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North wilkesboro race track revival XR SERIES CANCELLED

Looks like XR SERIES director pulled the plug on the whole month of octobers races Saying they just don't have enough time to properly prepare it for racing.

Beat me to it by 1 minute. Don't think I can delete my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Beat me to it by 1 minute. Don't think I can delete my thread.
    That's funny how that works sometimes

Dale Jr posted a big announcement coming tomorrow!!!

We'll see!!!

Nascar all star race at north wilksboro

Love the announcement for Nascar to run the All Star Race there in ‘23…don’t love the statement by Barry Braun (XR events) where he essentially mislead fans as to why the dirt races were being scrapped. Just be upfront about it, don’t attempt to give a reason that isn’t even really connected to the truth, especially when the announcement from Nascar came out within the same hour.

Squaredup a lie from them is on brand unfortunately

I have no problem with them not tearing it up and converting it to a dirt track. From everything I have read and heard, reviving it as an asphalt track has been considered highly successful by those who have been participating/watching the last few weeks.

I would say that when they do tear up asphalt they will presume as originally planned

No problem at all with the leaving the existing asphalt and not repaving. Racing the cup cars at such a historic track on that worn asphalt with all its character will be pretty awesome. As someone who was raised up where your word means everything, I take issue with lies. When I read that release earlier the first thing that crossed my mind was that if Nascar has money and resources to pave a temporary asphalt track inside the LA Coliseum for a joke of an exhibition race, then they’ve got money and resources to rip up old asphalt and create a temporary dirt track. With that said though, there’s a big difference between saying “we’ve come to realize we simply cannot properly prepare the track in such a limited period of time” (as quoted from Braun’s XR press release) and saying “after so much success with our asphalt races the past month we’ve decided not to remove the existing asphalt as Nascar now plans to host its 2023 Cup Series All Star race at the historic track…” (which is what is reported to be the case).

XR=Throw money at something that nobody cares about. If they put dirt on the place there going to get maybe half the crowd they had. Everybody out there, including nascrap and the smith's, whom I believe own the place, understands the place would be packed if they brought the cup cars back. Why they won't is beyond me, nascrap is and always will be southern roots racing. The billionaires came in and built all these new speedways, for what ? The racing at most of the billionaires tracks stinks. But, money follows money. As for the racing, nascrap can't get anymore boring than what it already is.

there turnout for dirt was gonna be awful. a lower banked 5/8 on dirt, no thanks

I'm happy to see it, to be honest. I don't watch NASCAR anymore but North Wilkesboro is one of those time capsules that just really doesn't need to be messed with. Stop trying to throw dirt on everything and think its going to be "a big success".

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I'm happy to see it, to be honest. I don't watch NASCAR anymore but North Wilkesboro is one of those time capsules that just really doesn't need to be messed with. Stop trying to throw dirt on everything and think its going to be "a big success".
    I agree. That place should have never closed. Pure greed back then and not very smart.

NASCAR people screw everything up

Multiple hotels in Wilkes & yadkin countys are full for the all star race already. I believe tickets go on sale at noon tomorrow. Good luck if you go!!

Family in yadkinville with extra room….all good there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The place was pretty forgettable as a NASCAR track. Doubt making it dirt would have been any noteworthy improvement.

As already said, just be honest. The asphalt revival was awesome, dirt would not have been great in my mind. Just say you saw the light, not some BS like we don't have time.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    As already said, just be honest. The asphalt revival was awesome, dirt would not have been great in my mind. Just say you saw the light, not some BS like we don't have time.
    Yea what a joke. They sh!t on the dirt fans. Today you had to make a donation to get on the preferred list to get tickets if u could get thru. They didn't realize how much of a goldmine this place was and they saw it last wk. I understand donating to a good cause but it's all about them making $. They raised $25k today in ph calls.