Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hoosier to talk about tires at world 100 3p.m. On floracing today 9-8-22

This is in regard to all the blown tires yesterday and the shortage of tires at Eldora I do believe. Also heard the patterns were peeling off the tires and to expect more big blowouts the rest of the weekend. Also heard alot of people talking about vibrations after 10 laps in the 3 Chasing Dream Races and after 20 laps in the Dream. Heard a rumor might be cutting the 100 to 50 laps and heats down to 10 laps and B mains to 12 laps. And cancelling a prelim night if need be.

This is what happens when you allow a racing tire company to become a monopoly that has mostly eliminated the competition.

If they cancel a prelim night after running those stupid ass chasing the dream races I’ll be pissed

Sweet! Go back to the old format please!

If you go back to the old format then you should have at the end of the hotlaps and 2 rounds of qualifying. Then have the wheel invert. After you might need a support division to race like Modifieds or something.

Why can’t Hoosier just make a better tire? They claim to be the best and it is what they do for work?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I heard the pattern of the tire is chunking out after 20 laps or even 10 laps. Oakshade has a had a problem in recent weeks and the tracks in Michigan and in Attica. $240 for a tire that sucks. Also heard HOOSIER has changed what type of material they are getting because of supply shortages. It might be time to go to a 2 day format like old. Or better for the racers a 1 day format of 12 NOON hotlaps and 2 rounds of qualifying and 7p.m. heats.

Gotta go with gearhead on this one. Never going to change, Hoosier puts to much money into point funds and that's the bottom line. Lucas and/or WRG need to sit down with Goodyear and American Racer and say you get exclusive rights to are series if you kick in x ammount of dollars and come up with a couple different choices for racers on size and hardness. Hoosier would care less, they have weekly series racers and tracks to keep them busy enough.

Agree with gearhead on this one as well. I think Hoosier is stretched too thin to manufacture and develop a top level tire at a consistent capacity now. Supply issues, possible labor shortage, and no true down season to catch their breath don't allow them to focus as much on R & D as before. Few more players at the table may actually help them in the longer run. Build a better tire so customers would come back or stick with them.

Like grandma used to say…..they’ve gotten too big for their britches.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I will say this American Racer is having problems making tires for a local track by my Shadybowl Speedway. The late Models are now on Hoosiers and the Thundercars are on Hoosiers while the Street Stocks and Modifieds run American Racers. Pretty messed up there also.

A cancellation would have done taken place IMO. The shortening of the races I can see happening, which sucks for the fans.

Sprint guys have dealt with the chunking out all year long. I can't believe we haven't seen much of it til now.

i wonder how some had problems and others did not. I think having front tire issues has them scared

AR tires these days are just as crappy as the Hoosiers. An open tire rule wouldn’t help the current situation.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

whats everyone thoughts though will they reduce laps or will they do something else

Announced a unified tire rule for Dirt Late Model racing

I gave up. Nothing happening.

This another one of those fracking time warp deals? 3PM is actually 4PM?

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    This another one of those fracking time warp deals? 3PM is actually 4PM?
    Press conference is going on now but the link on FLo just takes you to the link to watch tonights World 100 prelim which starts at 5.

I am following on twitter for the information.

20's, 30's and 40's in sizes 90's and 92's

These are designed to be no groove and no sipe tires!!!!
    Last edited by cjsracing; 09-08-2022 at 02:35 PM.