Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    This spec mentality is maddening.
    no sh!t , but we both know its all been heading this way for a while know , next will be no aero and spec shocks ....

This spec mentality is maddening.
    no sh!t , but we both know its all been heading this way for a while know , next will be no aero and spec shocks ....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    No aero? I haven't seen them take much issues with that yet. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

They aren’t going to do anything other than this new tire rule. It’s been the same scheme for the last 20 years. Change the tire rule tell the racers how this new rule lower your tire bill and save DLM racing.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results… insanity

Completely ignoring the real problem that has brought us the modern day wedge.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

The Tire folks make the rules. The series get stuck being the enforcers…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It's funny how every racer out has said the same line. I was faster but as soon as I got behind him the aero changed the handling of the car and I couldn't pass the guy. Yet Hoosier comes out and says where going from 26 to 6 different choices in tires and it's going to be the answer. You can't cut them whatsoever so we will be lowering the price, that's hilarious, when the rules people have a meeting I'd love to be that fly on the wall listening to there babbling. They can see what's wrong but yet nothing happens.

Brian Carter says "we're just closing the divide". Every time they "close the divide" They actually make it larger. Think Rumley suspension rules and the droop rule.

Am I right MB Racer?
    Last edited by manwplan; 09-09-2022 at 07:52 AM.

There's so many contradictions in the video.

1. Shannon Rush claims 20 years on the UMP LCB mold. Not true. It was 2008 when those tires replaced the RIB LM tire

2. They keeping claiming it is the UMP tire rebranded but then later say it'll be a different sidewall and different compounds. So which is? A new LCB tire or the same old LM tire?

Quote Originally Posted by TRocket8 View Post
    Fastrak, CRATE USA, RUSH and UMP all have different tires with different stamps on the sidewalls.
    And here we have the biggest problem that should have been addressed first or perhaps just address it at the same time with one late model tire. But that would make too much sense!

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    And here we have the biggest problem that should have been addressed first or perhaps just address it at the same time with one late model tire. But that would make too much sense!
    Shannon Rush said that crate tires should be adjusted for 2024. Needed to get the touring late models done first.

No aero? I haven't seen them take much issues with that yet. Lol
    no offence MBR , but your one of the biggest complainers on here about aero , thought you might agree with taking it away , my bad.........

no offence MBR , but your one of the biggest complainers on here about aero , thought you might agree with taking it away , my bad.........
    I agree with taking it away. They have no interest. They don't even have interest making them fit in a standard enclosed trailer. I only take offense with your assertion that they will act and the fact you may be hinting that it's a bad idea. We need rules that define what a DLM looks like. And beyond that, it should be a low downforce car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Brian Carter says "we're just closing the divide". Every time they "close the divide" They actually make it larger. Think Rumley suspension rules and the droop rule.

Am I right MB Racer?
    You are spot on. 49 has made a joke of their droop rule. The rule has actually forced them to make their car even better. The more complicated you make it to meet the rules, the more the pros are going to shine. They have basically displayed a big middle finger to all but 15 or 20 racers.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1