Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I gotta disagree. Those cars are fast, but they don't race. Wingless sprints race way better.
    Go watch the highlights of WOO sprints from Silver Dollar last night. Pretty good stuff.

I'm pretty sure no one is asking that. But actually, that's the way they have been doing rules since 2015 or earlier.
    Agree, but now the cats outa the bag, no putting it back!

More rules are just gonna cost the avg racer more money!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Agree, but now the cats outa the bag, no putting it back!

More rules are just gonna cost the avg racer more money!
    There's nothing out of the bag. The problem is the tape measure stays in the bag and mfgs are trying to make faster noses and roofs, not legal ones.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

If we're talking about penalizing people..then pretty much every car save maybe 2 or 3 at a national event would be penalized for a body out of specs. The problem isn't more rules..its enforcing rules!and Mastersbilt..I agree that wingless sprints are my favorite kind of sprints..those guys go balls to the wall

Wingless Sprints rock. A fix for tracks like Eldora is get rid of a lot of the banking, That would eliminate this pretty quickly. Speed does not make a race. Davenport, Fairbury, and Lucas Oil are more about racing skill than than a perfect car. Remember a few years ago Bloomquist was quoting at Eldora, its all about the car. He wasnt wrong.

Lets also be real here, there is a good chance nothing changes because the reason for Aero and other things are sponsors of dirt on dirt, Flo, WOO, Lucas Oil series, Dirtvision and Eldora. They would have to be fools to turn off the money spicket. Until they see less fans, fewer online subscriptions, nothing will change.

Formula one figured out Aero Push. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wh...work/10307184/

When almost every driver that wins a race talks about important it is to get out front in clean air, you know you’ve got a aero problem in SLM racing.

Get DRS. Open up rear spoiler with a switch on straight away. DRS = drag reduction system.

Anyone see what happened to Chilton last night with no spoiler? He went from possibly fastest car in the b to the slowest.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

That’s why you need a switch to open it up on straightaways. Tuck it back in around the turns

There's nothing out of the bag. The problem is the tape measure stays in the bag and mfgs are trying to make faster noses and roofs, not legal ones.
    I was referring to nose down, rear up!

One national driver told me they will spend whatever it takes to get it there!

I was referring to nose down, rear up!

One national driver told me they will spend whatever it takes to get it there!
    Less blade, no splitter, no downforce. The cat is gone. The posture is only to take advantage of aero. There is no suspension advantage and it actually creates issues that people gain speed by fixing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Anyone see what happened to Chilton last night with no spoiler? He went from possibly fastest car in the b to the slowest.
    I made a post on Twitter last night when that happened about how Chilton was about to show us a cost effective way to unstick the cars after that happened. My 20 followers seen it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I made a post on Twitter last night when that happened about how Chilton was about to show us a cost effective way to unstick the cars after that happened. My 20 followers seen it 
    lol.......i was waiting for him to knock the wall down on that restart!

Makes me wonder if race control notifies a driver that he has lost his spoiler or any other major damage!

I told my wife to watch that car when it came off, it's gonna be backwards. Now imagine all the cars lost the spoiler. Even Shane McDowell thinks doing something about the spoiler would be a zero cost benefit to the sport.

removing the actual spoiler would be just the start..the whole car is a spoiler from the filler panel back. FLAT DECKS!

lol.......i was waiting for him to knock the wall down on that restart!

Makes me wonder if race control notifies a driver that he has lost his spoiler or any other major damage!
    No need at Eldora, they have the big screen to look at. He obviously knew he was done. He tiptoed I to 1 and still slid pretty good.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Felt bad for Weiss last night after the droop rule cost him a win. Seems like a stupid rule to me when something like shock/spring compression speed can cost you..or is it a discriminatory thing depending on who you are?

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Felt bad for Weiss last night after the droop rule cost him a win. Seems like a stupid rule to me when something like shock/spring compression speed can cost you..or is it a discriminatory thing depending on who you are?
    The high profile teams in the WoO may have been getting away with it for quite a while . . .