Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ricky got HOSED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    I noticed that also. Very interested in knowing the effect of doing this.
    Caster in the rf raises that corner when you turn right. It has a big impact on the old static deck height measurement. It has some effect with droop measurement, but not nearly as much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thank you!

ive always wondered , i know most of these guys have there cars really hooked up, and even if you check it in the shop, how can you adjust for a tire that gained air pressure, heat, and grew, i mean we are talking about fractions of an inch

its a pain in the butt rule, especially if you change something other than the limiter and didnt check it, but is what it is, i would say everyone is going to fail one time or another, but the regulars do get away with a ton more
    and no doubt if they did jack it up fast and he had a ton of rebound in the rf and they did get the lr off the ground, i would agree with him, but i wasnt there, so cant say

i could give a very creditable answer on this about changing the rf springs or rebound but never touching the limiter, and the deck height would end up different, not alot but enough to through you out ??? dont know

and let me say i never heard how much it was out
    Last edited by grt74; 09-11-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Caster in the rf raises that corner when you turn right. It has a big impact on the old static deck height measurement. It has some effect with droop measurement, but not nearly as much.
    I enjoy your knowledge and input 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I enjoy your knowledge and input 
    Same here. He usually always has insightful post.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    A $10 tape measure used on a 100k racecar for a 12k payday!

Surely, theres a better way!
    Same $10 tape measure passed all the other cars, was it really the tape measure's fault ??

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutz View Post
    Ricky got HOSED!!!
    Again everyone else passed that went through the droop testing and I am pretty sure they checked his car the same way they checked everyone else. Plus it doesn't look good for his sponsors that he loaded up and went home because then he looks like a sore loser. Mason Ziegler went to the back of his heat race after a flat and made it into the show. And if you didn't qualify through the heat and moved up, he still would of had a great chance through the bmain where they took the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    A $10 tape measure used on a 100k racecar for a 12k payday!Surely, theres a better way!
    Are they also utilizing a Harbor Freight jack as well ?

He was an inch out of tolerance

Sorry but his excuse holds NO water being that far out

Shouldnt they have a designated area so all competitors are treated fairly?

Why is it even an issue?

From an engineering standpoint a shock can generate a force only when it is being compressed or extender and the force is proportional to the velocity that that is occurring at but when they’re measuring droop the vehicle at that time is sitting totally static I am not a racer just an engineer so maybe you guys can tell me whether a racing shock has some spring characteristics to it as well that could hold a load when it is static otherwise I don’t see where Ricky’s argument would hold water unless there is a stiction component that could also come in to play

Good question!

Don’t know if it’s a good question or not … engineer and long time dirt late model fan and I try to look at things from a engineering perspective but I’m hardly a Kevin Rumley lol although physics is physics don’t know all of the characteristics of Racing shocks and such but do you know in its most basic form first year of engineering school you learn about a mass spring dampener system where in this case the mass is the sprung weight, spring is the coil or leaf springs and the dampener is a shock absorber doesn’t matter whether it’s a linear spring or a progressive spring or bump stops which would all be categorized as springs at the end of the day the static position on some thing is based on mass and springs nowhere in the equation does velocity come into it you could have an orangutan jumping up and down but when he jumped off where it is is where it is let him do it again and it will be in the same place which would be contrary to what Ricky would claim… but my thoughts are totally from a theoretical stand point but I think the Armstrong weight is enough to bring it back to the same point every time regardless of any velocity inputs

Shock question:

These rf shocks have so much force at "zero" speed, that they can hold the wheel in place for a time or a least make the "return to zero" take a very long time. Its a crutch to make the cars take advantage of the aero. The rr often has a lot as well. Its another crutch to deal with the fact a 4 link suspension has issues.

These are massively over-damped systems, to give you some engineer speak.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-13-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

He failed the droop rule by 1 1/16 of an inch.

In reference to post #29: he did load up his car - but didn’t leave. He had his pit box, Jack ect. Out helping other teams.

Thanks ray cook

Thanks for nothin……..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Yes. Thanks for nothing

XR series will no longer enforce the "droop rule" the remainder of 2022.