Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Same here. He usually always has insightful post.
    Thanks guys!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I like Ray Cook as a person but he hasn’t helped super late models as a promoter. After 17 years of the Southernationals they still have $4,053 & $5, 053 to win shows with no heat races. Fans to pay admission prices to see qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    XR series will no longer enforce the "droop rule" the remainder of 2022.
    XR is now 40" measured at the middle of t bar, so we gained another 1" of aero

Correction: Fans don’t pay admission to see qualifying then straight to feature. They want to see racing. I understand Ray’s thinking: since it’s a low purse- save the drivers $$ on heat races. How many dirt tracks can stay open without fans in the stand??
    The question is: who do you cater to- the drivers or the fans??
    There has to be a lot of both- but I personally will not attend any race that locks in drivers to the feature based on qualifying and no heat races. Tilley does the same thing with his lower paying races. But we have to remember- Tilley worked for Ray for many years before the blow-up and him going out on his own.

XR is a joke.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yes they are but they have certainly disrupted a few Lucas/WOO regulars. I still say Marcus Smith is the $$ behind XR.
    Will be interesting as to 2023 for them.

Remember early in the season a few years ago before anyone was talking about droop rules, cars were flipping over all by themselves in corners?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Remember early in the season a few years ago before anyone was talking about droop rules, cars were flipping over all by themselves in corners?
    They may be turning over less, but they don't have less droop. At least at attitude on the track, they do not. I'd say some of the things done to circumvent the droop rule has helped with it staying upright, actually. I tend to think we've just been more lucky lately too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

That was the "safety"concern though, right? The car is half rolled over anyway with how high the LR comes up, one rut in the track and it's roll time. They couldn't even race on Brownstown early on in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    That was the "safety"concern though, right? The car is half rolled over anyway with how high the LR comes up, one rut in the track and it's roll time. They couldn't even race on Brownstown early on in the year.
    According to Ray, it was the concern.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Couldn’t believe when I watched some of the series down south where you qualify and then feature race Without seeing how a guy can race against other drivers are you kidding me! Guys like T Mac and Mac daddy are not good qualifiers but give them a heat race to actually race and you will likely find out they are pretty sporty!

As a driver I don't care much for qualifying and would rather just draw for a heat race position. Some times it sucks and other times you get lucky so it averages out.

We go to race and pass cars. The enjoyment in that far surpasses the $ we win which usually are gone before we leave the track. Might have a different view if we did it for a living. Can't imagine that the fans like that qualifying format.

Default Agreed it makes no sense to me

Agreed it makes no sense to me to run qualifying then straight to mains and no heats. First how ever many times I watched races that way my reaction was wtf they doing and why do these drivers even show up for this stupidity

To say Ray has done nothing for super late models is wrong, in my opinion. I don't care for his format at all, but the series(s) have provided a launching pad for drivers that could not have gone to other tours. Sometimes it is fun to watch a bunch of guys I haven't heard of race. His tours have a place, like them or not.