Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World 100

Default World 100

All the hype, all the build up and all the drama all week and what a SNOOZER of a race!

49 car is just more illegal than the 76 and 44 cars. No way those cars can legally be that much better than everybody else.

Agreed. No track prep before feature and 49 dominates the race. No way anyone can convince me that car is legal. Not like 76 and 44 are driving junk and he just dusts everyone. Maybe old man Francis should take a closer look.

JD!!!!! Cry all you want to. He whipped their ass again.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Reminded me of a cookie cutter mile and a half nascar race.

Yep snoozer no doubt Davenport couldn’t have been in any weaker than that 6th Which some how he’s all on the front row

Track was a bit more fun last night, this track was about perfect for how the longhorns seem to run best and the results showed that

They might do it tonight, they did strip Overtons down last year

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Maybe he can get a 6 globe next year.

Can somebody mail Dirt Racing #1 a phonics book so that his posts might be a little more readable and coherent??…asking for a friend

As I have said hundreds of times before, Eldora puts on huge events and the racing is not bad. However, there are a lot of tracks that are much racier.

Fryefan said it best. Eldora promotes itself as the legend it is! Flo will also because they are the broadcast network of Eldora.

The problem is the technology, wind tunnel, engineering time and cost will be outrageous to compete with what the 49 team is doing. Dirt late model racing would be best to find a way to stop it or it will kill the sport, very few teams will be able to compete with all of this. You will be lucky to have 10 teams willing to do this. Trust me, if they dont nip this in the bud, this will change DLM racing forever, its not cute, its not funny. Eventually drivers will not race teams they know they havent got a chance against. That car looked like it was on a rail with 90 laps on its tires, it wasnt even bobbling a bit, The 49 with all that down force reminded me of an Indy car on a road course. Trust me, this will destroy this sport.

I was watching both the Tuscarora 50 from Port Royal and the World 100 and by far the Tuscarora was more entertaining than the World. Aero ruined Nascar and now is starting to ruin Dirt Late Models. Make the cars harder to drive and the racing will get better. Nascar has been much better this yes than the last few years.

On these big tracks all you have to do is clear someone, slide up in front of them, and the trailing car loses front end steering and up the track they go. Multiple times in interviews drivers said they drove to “try to dirty up the air behind them.” Aero has become a huge issue and could be easily fixed by turning back some of the body rules. None of us want to see them goto spec parts/cars like NASCAR so let’s start by fixing the aero stuff first.

I am confident that the 49, 76 and 44 aren’t cheating, they just figured out a way to use the droop rule/measurement to their advantage somehow.

1989 World 100 Donnie Moran lapped the field 4 times. Straight flat body, no aero (that they knew of) nobody complained. People thought the racing was great back then. Fact is Eldora has rarely produced good racing for late models. There's been a few, not many.

Watched the heat races. Once I seen that JD was on the pole, switched over to the sprint car race. If anyone was surprised at the outcome of the race you haven't been paying attention. That car is hard enough to beat. Front row? Game over.
    8/13/16

So they make a droop rule to try and limit how much the deck of the car can become a spoiler, then they allow the center of the deck to be lowered more which gives them back alot of what they took away?!?!
    There used to be a rule covering how much drop the deck could have from the back of the hood to the rear T bar, is that not a thing anymore?

Kidrock gets it. That race stunk, if you didn't see the advantage of being out front gives you then your either blind or no nothing about what's really taking place. Come on Tony, tell both lucas and wrg they either fix it or you will.