Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World 100

But the place looked like it was packed, and every poster on this thread did what? Watched...so why would they change anything? Until the customer base dwindles, they aren't gonna do anything.

TheJet-09 dropping an absolute dime of a comment…he’s right. I watch. I attend. I will continue to do both and hope for good racing, knowing that sometimes I will be on the edge of my seat and thoroughly pleased with what I got for my money, and other times walking away disappointed. Just part of it, but I do agree that it’s time for the aero “issue” to get some more discussion among the powers and be and sanctioning bodies in the sport.

If the aero issue was confined to Eldora then sure, let it be...but its not just Eldora

A big track like Eldora just magnifies the aero issue. It’s all downforce and horsepower. There were only a few cars that ever had a chance to win that race before they even opened the gates to park the rigs. You’d have to be completely void of reality to think otherwise. If it’s not fixed and soon, alot of teams are going to ask themselves, whyTF are we doing this? Look at the drone views of the cars….if that’s legal bodywork…then …..wow….ok , live with the fact you are ruining this for alot of people. They will eventually just stop trying to compete.

Thats what I have been saying, but everyone just thinks everything is ok ride height. Its obvious Davenport has a team of engineers that are making this happen. Its already too expensive to race, now you are going to bring this nonsense in. When guys like Bloomer and Purvis was stinking up shows, they were doing something illegal and never got caught. And everyone does that. But this is a different animal. This Landers team is spending tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to have a dominant car. Lets not forget 2nd on back pays a small fraction of these top heavy purses. If this is not addressed this will kill the sport. you will be lucky in 5 years to have 15 cars at the world or dream.

1990's Bloomer 2.0!

Three simple words for the other racers.........get to work!

Davenport was driving his car around in the pits after the heat races, adj on his car, while the others were up in the air on their lifts!.......Hmmmm!!!

nothing against JD, theyve got it figured out but saturdays racing was awful unless it was a restart or there was some moisture. 2022 LM racing has been the most boring ive watched ever. aero is ruining it

I didn't bother to view the race, I had seen it several times. I said in another thread before thing even started Saturday night that it was a race for fourth place. The aero sure seems to make the difference.

However, I don't place the blame anywhere. You just have three teams that dominate at a big track like Eldora, especially two of the three. I will say the 49 is stinking up most of the big shows. Wire to wire, week after week.

I am mostly watching race Tracks/Series that feature more competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    1990's Bloomer 2.0!Three simple words for the other racers.........get to work!Davenport was driving his car around in the pits after the heat races, adj on his car, while the others were up in the air on their lifts!.......Hmmmm!!!
    Back in 85 when Bill Elliott was winning all those races a crew member noted that at 11:00 pm when most of the drivers and crews were pounding down beers Bill was on a creeper underneath his car trying to make it better . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    So they make a droop rule to try and limit how much the deck of the car can become a spoiler, then they allow the center of the deck to be lowered more which gives them back alot of what they took away?!?!
    There used to be a rule covering how much drop the deck could have from the back of the hood to the rear T bar, is that not a thing anymore?
    The decks shouts be 36” and flat as a pancake. The cages are tall enough that you do not need the drop deck at all at that deck height. This was the rule not even ten years ago, but people keep pushing and pushing and eventually, instead of just doing their jobs, “tech guys” just raised the decks to 39” and stopped checking the rake.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Well listening to all this it sounds like technology has ruined the sport. Which happens a lot so it should be no surprise the only way to fix it is tough rules.