Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
  1. #1

    Default Davenport. How is he that good?

    I am not taking anything away from him but you have to ask in this day and age how he is that good everywhere he goes?

    You hear all the drivers talk about how equal the cars are and everyone has the same basic stuff yet one guy is going to have a record 2 million dollar season when nobody else is even close to him.

    Asking for a friend!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Batavia, OH
    Posts
    12,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I am not taking anything away from him but you have to ask in this day and age how he is that good everywhere he goes?

    You hear all the drivers talk about how equal the cars are and everyone has the same basic stuff yet one guy is going to have a record 2 million dollar season when nobody else is even close to him.

    Asking for a friend!
    A smart guy taking advantage of all the new possibilities to gain an edge within ever more complicated rules, a driver who has really matured and excels on all types of track conditions, a crew that is very prepared when they arrive at the track and all on the same page as far as adjustments during the night.
    East Bay - 2
    Atomic - 4
    Florence - 6
    Moler - 4
    Portsmouth -3
    Eldora - 7
    Brushcreek -3
    Lawrenceburg -1
    35 Raceway - 1
    "Getting out in clean air is huge" - everyone who leads

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Billy Moyer
    Jeff Purvis
    Freddie Smith

    All pretty dominant in their day. You must not be as old as I am. Purvis was best I ever seen. Win by 1/2 lap. Just in a different class. It all comes around.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Ancient Chinese Secret Traction control

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Remarkable how smooth that car looks in comparison to others on the track. His car just glides over bumps and ripples where others seem to bounce around a bit more. How he picks up the speed off corners with the chassis just staying optimally up on the bars and in that sweet spot for getting the power to the ground. They sure have a total package right now with his driver talent, the team, and that car.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    521

    Default

    If you want the quickest fix, bring back the claimer rule, winning car available as it sits after the win. Lucas, WOO and Eldora, there is your fix.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    This isn't street stock racing. Heck most couldn't get the claimed rule right anyhow that's why it's nowhere that I know of.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    521

    Default

    dirtcrazy, I agree, but someone would be willing to buy the 44, 49 or 76 car. The technology would be out of the bag or be in more than a select few drivers. especially the 49 team.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    dirtcrazy, I agree, but someone would be willing to buy the 44, 49 or 76 car. The technology would be out of the bag or be in more than a select few drivers. especially the 49 team.
    And 95% of the drivers still couldnt win in it!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    @ the track
    Posts
    11,578

    Default

    1 simple answer.

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
    8/13/16

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Very good crew, very good driver, very well balanced car, and great financial backing

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Billy Moyer
    Jeff Purvis
    Freddie Smith

    All pretty dominant in their day. You must not be as old as I am. Purvis was best I ever seen. Win by 1/2 lap. Just in a different class. It all comes around.
    Agreed Purvis was the best

  13. #13

    Default

    Seems like we were having pretty much the same conversation about Overton last year, maybe Sheppard year before that, so on and so forth over the years, drivers get hot...... Secrets get out, crewmen change, rules get made....it is what it is. If they've found something no one else has, legal or illegal, I give them credit....whoever the team/driver is.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    Seems like we were having pretty much the same conversation about Overton last year, maybe Sheppard year before that, so on and so forth over the years, drivers get hot...... Secrets get out, crewmen change, rules get made....it is what it is. If they've found something no one else has, legal or illegal, I give them credit....whoever the team/driver is.
    Very well said Finnfan

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Maybe that wire that they had to disconnect is why Brandon Sheppard was getting beat so bad on starts and restarts

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    And 95% of the drivers still couldnt win in it!
    Now thatís the truth. Cody Overton switched cars with Brandon in a practice session a few months back. Cody said his car wasnít good. Brandon got in and ran great lap times and said his car was just fine.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Maybe that wire that they had to disconnect is why Brandon Sheppard was getting beat so bad on starts and restarts
    The flaw in their thinking is, the tach wire is an output from the MSD box. Traction control would be an input from a sensor signal comparing crank speed to rear wheel or driveshaft speed.

    They'd have to look closer for "extra" wires. Why would there be wires running to the bellhousing, trans, differential? Not saying there is, but...?

    Easy to camouflage in a braded line.

    But as mentioned above, Davenport & Madden both have a fantastic shock package. Cars are VERY controlled. I tried to get into doing shocks for Rocket back in 2003/04. They said they "had a guy". I used to do some dirtbike stuff. WP/Ohlins/KYB mainly. But dirt stuff is dirt stuff, IMO.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    A smart guy taking advantage of all the new possibilities to gain an edge within ever more complicated rules, a driver who has really matured and excels on all types of track conditions, a crew that is very prepared when they arrive at the track and all on the same page as far as adjustments during the night.
    How true on all accounts and like Jonathan said awhile back, he spends a lot of time watching different videos of tracks and other drivers and how they react in different situations.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    37

    Default

    haha love how everyone jumps to traction control and cheating... haha claimer rule?? jeesus just sit back and enjoy the show.. we are all watching modern day greatness in action for those who never watched Freddie or Purvis, bloomer or Moyer dominate this is just the passing of the torch to the next generation.. I see lots more globes in JD's future 5 in 7 years is an amazing accomplishment
    "The closer you are to the fence, the less it hurts when you hit it"-Jack Hewitt "

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Davenport was good in all different track conditions this past weekend. From slick to hooked up and they were on the money with their adjustments. He makes smart decisions and takes care of his tires too. Good crew and good owners.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.