Default Bulls Gap Scorcher (Iron-Man Series), 9/14 - Drivers List

Any ideas on drivers planning to attend this $12k to win race at The Gap this week? Interesting situation for them with so many drivers likely hanging in the midwest for the Flo race at Fairbury on Tuesday and then the Knoxville Nats next weekend. Could we possibly see Larson back in the Rumley 6 with the Cup boys at Bristol next weekend?

I loved the days of the Nascrap boys showing up to get Prelude practice. Those were fun races

#17 McDowell

May be a less than stellar field, Fals Tuesday night and Knoxville Friday. Think they crapped their bed after the Kyle Larson promoted race in the spring basically blaming him and Flo for them taking most of the proceeds. No way Rumley stops at exit 23 and unloads after that.

The track was leased to Larson/Flo for the spring race. Vic wasn’t suppose to get any gate $$. Vic’s wife was running the concession/food stand and slot of the help didn’t show. Vic seen real quick that he couldn’t run his engine business and operate a racetrack as well.
    I don’t really understand why you think Kevin Rumley holds some type of animosity toward Volunteer Speedway unless you are speaking of Flo being a sponsor on the racecar???

Yes, just due to Larson and the Flo sponsorship. The animosity wouldn’t be with Rumley directly just saying on their way back from Fals (assuming Larson runs) they don’t stop and unload at Bulls Gap. Whatever happened, the press release was poor taste back in the spring.

I haven’t found this race on hardly any driver’s schedules, with the exception of McDowell and Bloomquist. I would expect the likes of Eli Beets, Jensen Ford, Michael Chilton, Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and other regional guys to be there, but really not sure. I’m expecting a 15-20 car field on this one, with maybe 5-7 guys that can actually compete for the win.

As of 4:30- Ross Bailes, Vic Hill, Cameron Marlar, Sam Seawright, Cla Knight, Dusty Carver, Heath Hindman, Kenneth Howell and Jonathan Rowan are signed in.

Ken Schrader listed on the mods sign-in list.

As of 6pm, myracepass is showing 30 supers signed in along with 26 Mods and 15 sportsman. Went ahead and got it on XR since Kokomo is included as well Monday and Tuesday with the monthly sub..

mid-south update says 34 supers, looks like a lot of Saturday night Racers which is a good thing !