Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

When Clanton got in front of Pospisal on the opening lap, Pospisils car last all traction and went backwards.

It seems like the guys who get their car sideways when another car is about to go in front of them don't suffer as much as the guys driving straight. Hudson did it last night and didn't lost any pace.

My boy got screwed.

I kept hearing them report on how they narrowed the track in prep for the event. After watching Thursday night, I think that was big mistake. The track was wider the years I went to the show in person and I thought the racing was much better. Cars could make moves from the bottom when the track was wider. I don't think you'll have to worry much about seeing too many sliders (clean ones anyway).

The other thing many of the drivers were complaining about was just how moist and hammer down fast it was. Knoxville is always fast but they killed some cars last night with the track prep. When sprint car folks prep a track for the late models this is what you get I guess. This part of it, they can remedy. The track doesn't have to be dry dry dry like for NASCAR trucks, but a bit more toward dry slick would help the cars and the racing.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Total joke.

This event is dying, just a motor killer track. The money they spent on the colored lights and rap music seems popular with the drunks and 6 year olds.

Were dates announced for next years LM Nats? I assume they will keep it on the usually September weekend?

Armco and funky lighting and no passing. What’s not to like about this place?

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    This event is dying, just a motor killer track. The money they spent on the colored lights and rap music seems popular with the drunks and 6 year olds.
    You're failing to see the bigger problem.

I don't know why knoxville wants to keep dealing with the constant complaining late model racers. Every year the same thing, too wet and fast, hurts my 55g engine, can't go 100 on fuel, tires can't last. Bunch of whiners.

Has flyboy ever had a reasonable opinion? Knoxville has the nicest lights in the country

The Knoxville LM nationals just need to go. They’ve lost a little more luster every year.. The place is halllowed ground and all, but the local fans do not give a single crap about anything but sprint cars, and the racing generally sucks.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Should have offered the malvern bank guys 50g to run the 100 laps. Bet they wouldn't have complained and would have just raced.

Quote Originally Posted by highspeeddirt View Post
    Should have offered the malvern bank guys 50g to run the 100 laps. Bet they wouldn't have complained and would have just raced.
    I raced in the Malvern race. We are on harder tires than the Lucas guys (WRS2 aka D55's with no sipes or grooving). I thought the track was pretty decent for us, I ran the bottom and the middle with success. I advanced 10 positions and felt my car was pretty good wherever I ran it. We only ran 22 laps but my tires still look pretty good.

There are more crybabies in the sport currently than there are in the NFL/NBA.

Right now its the car, not the track, that is producing poor racing on big tracks like Knoxville.

Fixing the car is the logical solution, not dump the event.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I raced in the Malvern race. We are on harder tires than the Lucas guys (WRS2 aka D55's with no sipes or grooving). I thought the track was pretty decent for us, I ran the bottom and the middle with success. I advanced 10 positions and felt my car was pretty good wherever I ran it. We only ran 22 laps but my tires still look pretty good.
    Those plastic tires suck now from years past. At I-80 many couldn't run 20 lap heats with out blistering the RR and/or LR. When it was a WRS rule for the sliver dollar nations. I really hate they seemed to ruin that WRS tire with whatever changes they made to it from 10 years ago

Obviously the SLMR engine rules cut power down to a reasonable level and that helps a ton on those WRS from blistering.

I figured a few Malvern bank guys would possible have some tire issue or least blister a tire or 2. Did Berck cut a tire or something else that caused his crash?

Cjsracing. I know it's hard to judge do you think your tires would have made 100 laps? Yesterday was pretty extreme and rare conditions but at least they got the shows ran. I was surprised to see the track blow off so quick at the start of the day, I bet everyone was including track crew.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Those plastic tires suck now from years past. At I-80 many couldn't run 20 lap heats with out blistering the RR and/or LR. When it was a WRS rule for the sliver dollar nations. I really hate they seemed to ruin that WRS tire with whatever changes they made to it from 10 years ago

Obviously the SLMR engine rules cut power down to a reasonable level and that helps a ton on those WRS from blistering.

I figured a few Malvern bank guys would possible have some tire issue or least blister a tire or 2. Did Berck cut a tire or something else that caused his crash?
    The SLMR engine rules are trying to get our hp in the 625 - 700 range.

Berck cut his right front tire from a piece of debris that was left over from when Holiday got into the backstretch wall.

Quote Originally Posted by highspeeddirt View Post
    Cjsracing. I know it's hard to judge do you think your tires would have made 100 laps? Yesterday was pretty extreme and rare conditions but at least they got the shows ran. I was surprised to see the track blow off so quick at the start of the day, I bet everyone was including track crew.
    It's hard to say, like I said my tires were still pretty good after 22 laps. But the track was slick for most of the race, I think the last couple remaining laps after the long last caution it started to rubber on the bottom. So they probably wouldn't have lasted if it was rubbering up around lap 20.

With 2" of rain the night before the track blew off way faster than I think anyone expected, but I think the track really packed it in due to getting so much rain.