Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Knoxville now 75 laps

This is Sh#t. I know what you all will say....it eliminates a fuel stop. I would rather see 100 laps.I bought tickets already. I PAID FOR 100 LAPS. I have camping reservations already made thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. Parking is 15 bucks a night thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. And the rest of money spent this week expecting 100 laps.I'm guessing drivers were complaining and they caved in to get a few extra cars. In my opinion, if you want to shorten the race, advertise it ahead of time. Not once you have already sold tickets for a 100 lap race. Announce it for next year. This is almost false advertising. I promise you I will not be back.

SERIOUSLY??? Chill and enjoy the experience. Went to The Knoxville Nationals for the first time this year...Nothing like it. How the town embraces the fans and racers, the atmosphere etc. In all honestly it will probably be a better race cutting out 25 laps.....

Dang Wuss, quit being a wuss. All this rant about losing 25 laps. How many times can you say 100 laps? Calm down. Don't have a nervous breakdown on 4M. As BTE says, it will probably be a better race. Go enjoy. I went to the All American 400 in Nashville when it was 400 laps. When they cut 100 laps and still called it the All American 400, I never went on a rant like yours. I went and enjoyed the race, which is now better at 300 laps!

So, you get to watch the 49 lead 25 less laps. I feel your pain. Probably more the reason I would stay home and catch it on Flo is because the big shows are getting much too predictable this season. Not that I have any hate for 49, because I don't.

This will be the third year in a row I've missed going because of a wedding. I really want to go back to Knoxville. I miss the bakeries and butcher shops in Pella and bringing home a supply of Pella baloney.

For what it's worth, I'd favor keeping it at 100, even with a fuel stop.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    This is Sh#t. I know what you all will say....it eliminates a fuel stop. I would rather see 100 laps.I bought tickets already. I PAID FOR 100 LAPS. I have camping reservations already made thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. Parking is 15 bucks a night thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. And the rest of money spent this week expecting 100 laps.I'm guessing drivers were complaining and they caved in to get a few extra cars. In my opinion, if you want to shorten the race, advertise it ahead of time. Not once you have already sold tickets for a 100 lap race. Announce it for next year. This is almost false advertising. I promise you I will not be back.
    Should still be 100 and should still have no stop.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Just think : If'n the main race gets spread out with no passing you will be able to leave the track earlier with the same results ? ? Think of the fuel and wear and tear the drivers are saving ! !

If it’s going to be cut to less than 100 laps, don’t even consider this race as a “crown jewel”. The term that gets thrown around freely in todays dirt late model world. What a joke!

The Pikers ! ! They owe you at least $3.75 back on what you paid for parking alone ! !

You’re complaining about dropping to 75laps? Not the fact that if there wasn’t some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty filler class they’d only have 2 races on Saturday night …

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Should still be 100 and should still have no stop.
    So you want cars running out of gas?

Glad the fuel stop is gone, I could care less that it's only 75 laps, just want a competitive race.

That is a wise decision. Fuel stops ruins good races, more times than not.

Some people find the most ridiculous things to be outraged about.....number of laps in a feature is a new one.

Fuel stops are as dumb as the cars look

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post

They did run 100 laps with no fuel stops at one point..

In the fine print of your ticket is this phrase "Event subject to change". Nuff said.
    On a steady diet of dirt!!!

There has never been a more appropriate username here.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    If they can't figure out how to make it, it's their problem. It used to be no issue. Why change the race to suit guys who changed what they brought to race?

IIRC one or 2 guys ran out one year, and boom, a fuel stop was added. Perhaps a couple racers had an issue, not the event itself.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-14-2022 at 01:53 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I say cut it to 50. Usually not a very good race.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If they can't figure out how to make it, it's their problem. It used to be no issue. Why change the race to suit guys who changed what they brought to race?

IIRC one or 2 guys ran out one year, and boom, a fuel stop was added. Perhaps a couple racers had an issue, not the event itself.
    Back then we ran 32 gallon fuel cells. Now because of safety rules we run 28 or 26 gallon cells. Big difference.