Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    This is Sh#t. I know what you all will say....it eliminates a fuel stop. I would rather see 100 laps.I bought tickets already. I PAID FOR 100 LAPS. I have camping reservations already made thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. Parking is 15 bucks a night thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. And the rest of money spent this week expecting 100 laps.I'm guessing drivers were complaining and they caved in to get a few extra cars. In my opinion, if you want to shorten the race, advertise it ahead of time. Not once you have already sold tickets for a 100 lap race. Announce it for next year. This is almost false advertising. I promise you I will not be back.
    I'm with you 100%. They have been trying to shorten Knoxville 100 lappers for several years now. Finally got the nerve. Blame the drivers for the most part.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Back then we ran 32 gallon fuel cells. Now because of safety rules we run 28 or 26 gallon cells. Big difference.
    The change is not due to safety. They make 32 gallon cells that meet all the regulations. Rocket just doesn't install those and that was the reason a few fell short of the distance. That and the track was fast as hell and everyone runs bigger engines.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The change is not due to safety. They make 32 gallon cells that meet all the regulations. Rocket just doesn't install those and that was the reason a few fell short of the distance. That and the track was fast as hell and everyone runs bigger engines.
    Also, it usually has tack and is WFO.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Wow. Get there early, take in some practice laps and call it 100. It might make for a better race, maybe not. But it's not the end of the world.

go to eldora next year instead and see 9 races on saturday instead of 3

Knoxville's size, that black gumbo they race on, there on the floor a lot at that place. All these lead up to why it was shortened to 75 laps. A few changes to the carbs would probably let guys get to 100 laps. Jets and power valve sizing. Hey if you can't figure out what your motor needs to make 100 laps O well then, it's a part of racing. Not all the cars were running out of fuel. Hummm, it may even slow down the 49.

They aren't changing their cars to suit the track. Hence cancelling Brownstown earlier in the year.

I dont goto dirt races to watch pit stops and the 410 Nationals is the only race that I will attend that has an announced red flag fuel stop. And I b*tch about it every time and wish they would do away with it. Kudos to knoxville for dropping the fuel stop in the late models and I wish they would listen to themselves and do away with it for the sprints too.
    No sprint car race needs to be more than 30-35 laps and no late model race needs to be more than 40-50 laps.
    Just IMO.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I agree with the OP. 100-lappers are becoming a thing of the past, because drivers are turning into sissies. And, as someone else said, this race isn’t losing crown jewel status — mostly because it never was a crown jewel to begin with. It’s just another Lucas race.

I dont understand the draw for Knoxville.......just not a fan of big hammer down 1/2 milers!

And now, just one more reason!

It’s not like this event produces great racing year in and year out. The only one that sticks out in my mind is the 2014 race that Birkhofer won and that was more down to mechanical issues for Bloomer then straight out racing. Still though, a fantastic finish!

This is Sh#t. I know what you all will say....it eliminates a fuel stop. I would rather see 100 laps.I bought tickets already. I PAID FOR 100 LAPS. I have camping reservations already made thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. Parking is 15 bucks a night thinking I was going to get to see 100 laps. And the rest of money spent this week expecting 100 laps.I'm guessing drivers were complaining and they caved in to get a few extra cars. In my opinion, if you want to shorten the race, advertise it ahead of time. Not once you have already sold tickets for a 100 lap race. Announce it for next year. This is almost false advertising. I promise you I will not be back.
    If'n They are cutting back 1/4 of the way, does that mean there will only a 3 wide pace lap instead of 4 wide ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    I dont goto dirt races to watch pit stops and the 410 Nationals is the only race that I will attend that has an announced red flag fuel stop. And I b*tch about it every time and wish they would do away with it. Kudos to knoxville for dropping the fuel stop in the late models and I wish they would listen to themselves and do away with it for the sprints too.
    No sprint car race needs to be more than 30-35 laps and no late model race needs to be more than 40-50 laps.
    Just IMO.
    Yeah let’s keep screwing the fans. While I don’t have a problem with them cutting this race 25 laps, DLM racing definitely needs the 100 lappers.

I agree about needing the 100-lappers. But it has to be the right 100-lappers. If it was my call, every race paying 20K+ would be 100 laps.

It’s the world we live in nowadays. Screw trying to be innovative and find ways to get the job done. Gotta change the rules and make it easier. If 100 laps is too much then don’t race. SMH. Racecar drivers are turning into little whiny teenage girls.

Waaaac 77 is right

What do you think of 50 laps now?? lol

I want my money back from Flo now because of them cutting back to 50 laps. lol <sarcasm intended>

lol thats why no fans show up. This race could be a big race with huge car counts if done right. Now its 50 laps but tires are JUNK. Well I was watching at East Alabama all day on flo and they had 300 cars and they had black top to bottom and was good racing.

They’ve (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed around all afternoon and now that they’re finally pulling cars on to the track, the rain is coming.