Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lincoln Speedway Sept 30-Oct 1 DIRTcar Fall Nationals (practice Sept 29)

DIRTcar Fall Nationals Driver Registration, Tickets, Camping and More Now Available

LINCOLN, IL – Sept. 13, 2022 – Six divisions. Five champions. Three nights. One exciting event returning to a Central Illinois track for a third year in a row.

Lincoln Speedway in Lincoln, IL, is set to crown five DIRTcar National points champions as host of the 2022 DIRTcar Fall Nationals, September 29-October 1. The DIRTcar Late Models, UMP Modifieds, Pro Late Models, Pro Modifieds, Stock Cars and Sport Compacts are all scheduled to compete.

The DIRTcar Fall Nationals were first held at Lincoln Speedway in October of 2020 where a great field of cars put on an outstanding show. Last year’s event was plagued by a terrible weather forecast but officials were able to complete the show, somehow avoiding rain that covered much of Central Illinois.

A favorite of many Midwest racers and fans, the event will again combine the great signature racing DIRTcar competitors are known to provide with the camping and all-ages entertainment synonymous with the Fall Nationals name.

Three practice sessions for all divisions will hit the track first on Thursday night, September 29. Friday night, September 30, features a full racing program for the DIRTcar Pro Late Models, Stock Cars, UMP Modifieds and Pro Modifieds.

The DIRTcar Late Models and Sport Compacts will join the Pro Late Models, UMP Modifieds and Pro Modifieds on the docket for Saturday night, October 1, in the second full night of racing, highlighted by the determination of all five division champions.

Drivers and fans can find more event-specific and competitor-related information in the all-new event guide located at https://lincolnspeedwayil.com/wp-con...-October-1.pdf.

Late Model, Pro Late Model, UMP Modified and Pro Modified teams who pre-enter by Sept. 28 will receive a discount on their entry fee. Application form is attached to the event guide but online registration is available at https://www.myracepass.com/series/20...strations/6462.

Tickets and pit passes will be available at the track upon arrival on race day. Pit pass, general admission and camping pricing can be found below.

Pits-Pits-Pits (11 & under)-Grandstand Kids (11 & under)
    Thursday-$20-$10*-FREE-FREE**
    Friday-$35-$20*-$20-FREE**
    Saturday-$35-$20*-$25-FREE**

• 3-Day Pit Combo: $75
    • 2-Day Pit Combo: $65
    • 2-Day Grandstand Combo: $40

3-Day Camping with electricity - $75 (includes 30 amp electric)
    3-Day Camping, no hookup - $50
    For more camping info and to reserve a spot, contact: 217-764-3200

Hampton by Hilton and Comfort Inn & Suites of Lincoln, IL are the official host hotels of Lincoln Speedway. Call the Hampton by Hilton at (217) 732-6729 or Comfort Inn & Suites at (217) 735-5800. Mention Lincoln Speedway to receive the discounted rate.

Updates throughout the weekend can be found on the DIRTcar Racing social media channels; Facebook @DIRTcar, Twitter @DIRTcarRacing and Instagram @dirtcar.official.

CALLING ALL CAMPERS!

Electric hookup and primitive camping spots are now available for the DIRTcar Fall Nationals. Camping begins Thursday night, September 29 and runs through Saturday night, October 1.

Cost for three nights with electric is $75.

To reserve your spot, call 217-764-3200 and speak to Debbi. Included in this post is a facility map to give a general idea on where camping is located.

Bring this event back to Eldora pay Super Lates for 40 laps 20,000 to win and 2,000 to start and run mods 25 laps pay them 10,000 to win and 1,000 to start. You would get the fans and the cars. Make it back to the original Saturday and Sunday format. I bet you get 45 to 50 Super Lates and 120 to 140 mods.

The fan count at Eldora the last few years with this event was unfortunately why they moved it.

Move it to fals i could see it working out there a lot better.

No disrespect to the Folks that Run and promote Lincoln Speedway in Illinois. Been there a few times and love the track and the racing there.

I don't agree with sanctioning all the divisions. I would have just kept it Super Late Models, and Open Wheel Modifieds. I think they took on one to many divisions and that is where it started for DIRTcar and a lot of folks feeling it's messed up now. Just my opinion.

On a side note. I did talk to new Eldora General Manager Jerry Gappens on Saturday of the World 100 weekend for a good 10 minutes not long after the DRO Dirt Racing Outreach Service where he was a guest speaker and laid out a case for the Fall Nationals and the Modified drivers. Jerry said he would strongly consider the Idea of having the Fall Nationals back at Eldora and talk to Tony and staff. I told him a long with myself who helps a friend with his car a lot of the Modified teams felt like they had been slight by getting rid of the event from Eldora like no one cared about the divisions and the drivers and teams that have supported the Modifieds and the event for years. For most of the Modified teams the event at Eldora was basically their Daytona 500 or World 100. Most of the best teams in UMP DIRTcar Modified competition where there for that show and ran their best. I think to many drivers it still means a lot to them to have a chance to get to stand on that particular stagr and celebrate a win with their respective teams after a win especially those that don't get to compete there very often if at all and their only chance to race there is when the season is over in their respective areas. I think its ok to have and event at Lincoln with DIRTcar just have the Super Late Models and Open Wheel Modified portions at Eldora.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The Facebook event for this great weekend of racing is https://www.facebook.com/events/1147356926218999

Just 1 week away from the DIRTcar Fall Nationals at Lincoln Speedway. Camping reservations are still coming in. Down to about 10 electric hookup spots left. Call 217-764-3200 during regular business hours to reserve your spot. Driver online registration entries are still coming in. It's a great idea to register ahead of time as pre-entry is cheaper in most classes and it will save you time at the track. Going to be a great weekend. Make plans to join us. Go to lincolnspeedwayil.com for full info and registration link.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    No disrespect to the Folks that Run and promote Lincoln Speedway in Illinois. Been there a few times and love the track and the racing there.

I don't agree with sanctioning all the divisions. I would have just kept it Super Late Models, and Open Wheel Modifieds. I think they took on one to many divisions and that is where it started for DIRTcar and a lot of folks feeling it's messed up now. Just my opinion.

On a side note. I did talk to new Eldora General Manager Jerry Gappens on Saturday of the World 100 weekend for a good 10 minutes not long after the DRO Dirt Racing Outreach Service where he was a guest speaker and laid out a case for the Fall Nationals and the Modified drivers. Jerry said he would strongly consider the Idea of having the Fall Nationals back at Eldora and talk to Tony and staff. I told him a long with myself who helps a friend with his car a lot of the Modified teams felt like they had been slight by getting rid of the event from Eldora like no one cared about the divisions and the drivers and teams that have supported the Modifieds and the event for years. For most of the Modified teams the event at Eldora was basically their Daytona 500 or World 100. Most of the best teams in UMP DIRTcar Modified competition where there for that show and ran their best. I think to many drivers it still means a lot to them to have a chance to get to stand on that particular stagr and celebrate a win with their respective teams after a win especially those that don't get to compete there very often if at all and their only chance to race there is when the season is over in their respective areas. I think its ok to have and event at Lincoln with DIRTcar just have the Super Late Models and Open Wheel Modified portions at Eldora.

How many cars were they getting for the Fall Nationals at Eldora before they left for Peavly then Lincoln?

105 to 110 mods and around 30 super lates. so 135 to 140 cars for 2 classes when it was a 2 day show on Saturday and Sunday they had 150 to 180 mods and 60 to 80 late models then they cut the purse in half for the super lates and Changed to Friday and Saturday and got 120 to 130 mods and 45 to 50 super lates. Then they went to a 3 day Format Thursday Friday and Saturday for Mods and just Saturday for late models and they got 105 to 110 mods and around 30 late models with a cut purse.

So it really was a big deal for the mods. The supers not so much. Sounds like Eldora needs to run a 2 day show just for the mods like they do the Supers and the Sprints or what that a no no

I'm not sure if this has been brought up about this event, but does the way UMP / DIRTCar award points for the season affect this event? It used to be that a driver had to race every week in order to earn points for that week, now they just award points based on the top # of finishes. I believe late models and modifieds take their top 35 finishes. To me, that makes a slight impact on a championship event.

6 classes, that adds up to a cluster f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    You must not know Bob Sargant. I'm not going to say it won't but, not usually if Bob is running the show. This sin't the south and how they drag things out.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You must not know Bob Sargant. I'm not going to say it won't but, not usually if Bob is running the show. This sin't the south and how they drag things out.
    Correct. Plus the town does have a curfew. Granted they are a LITTLE flexible with it for this event given the magnitude, Sargent doesn't mess around with keeping the show rolling. His shows are among the most efficient in the business, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They barely had enough cars last year in each class to run two heats.

Quote Originally Posted by DLM Fan 1 View Post
    Correct. Plus the town does have a curfew. Granted they are a LITTLE flexible with it for this event given the magnitude, Sargent doesn't mess around with keeping the show rolling. His shows are among the most efficient in the business, anywhere.
    Agreed............................................ ...........................................

Quote Originally Posted by eskew11 View Post
    They barely had enough cars last year in each class to run two heats.
    The Weather didn'thelp last year but, in no way am I saying the car count will be better this year because the event has lost it's luster that's for sure.