Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Something needs to be done

I am already tired of hearing about this areo stuff already...

SLM racing has pretty much sucked this year.

The couple heats I watched here earlier were a freight train.

I went and watched the Bristol Truck race. Timed out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    1- Get the slope out of the deck and roof.
    2- Do something about the right front tire/fender.
    Get rid of the laid back nose pieces. They're starting to resemble the wedge cars.

Interesting interview at Eldora were Overton blamed the poor racing on the tires (LM30) used this year as opposed to the aero issue. A tire that gives out would only mask the areo issues IMO but I'm certainly no expert and in no position to question Brandon's comments. Is good to see him bringing up the fact that something needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Get rid of the laid back nose pieces. They're starting to resemble the wedge cars.
    People like to blame not changing the noses on the body part manufacturers, but the reality is new less aerodynamic noses would make them even more money because literally every late model would have to buy one and probably at least one spare.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Cut the rear spoiler down to one inch height. That would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Cut the rear spoiler down to one inch height. That would make a huge difference.
    That would ruin the looks of the car though.

Leaf springs ! !

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Interesting interview at Eldora were Overton blamed the poor racing on the tires (LM30) used this year as opposed to the aero issue. A tire that gives out would only mask the areo issues IMO but I'm certainly no expert and in no position to question Brandon's comments. Is good to see him bringing up the fact that something needs to be done.
    Tmac basically said the same thing. He said the 30's just dont give up near as much as the 20's!

Would closing the sail panels help?

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    LOL Starting to resemble the wedge cars? I coined the name modern day wedge when describing Dirt Late Models at least 10-15 years ago. Nobody wanted to listen though.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by moyerfan1 View Post
    I am already tired of hearing about this areo stuff already...
    Better get use to it. As long as drivers & fans continue to support the people that could change it nothing will change
    Last edited by Mike; 09-16-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    Mike

Facebook

If fans are continuing to support all of this why do i hear where are all the fans at all over facebook from tracks...Or even some tracks closing.. Something thing is wrong with this problem...

car counts keep going down and local tracks keep dropping lates as a weekly show. less and less lates. when lucas or woo shows can barely make 3 heats and no consies, will fans continue to pay $30 or more dollars to watch? it would seem like the different series would get together with some ideas to try to avoid the complete death of late model racing.

Quote Originally Posted by moyerfan1 View Post
    If fans are continuing to support all of this why do i hear where are all the fans at all over facebook from tracks...Or even some tracks closing.. Something thing is wrong with this problem...
    It will not change until fans & drivers stop showing up at Lucas Oil, World of Outlaws and Crown Jewel races. Those are the people that are in position to make the needed changes but they don't care because it's not effecting them. Yes fans complain on facebook and yes weekly racing is dying and tracks are closing yet....the national series and crown jewels are still big draws and the people in charge have blinders on. They have been running the same tire rule scheme for the last 10 -15 years (or longer) to make it look like they are trying (ie the Lucas oil LM tire that was going to reduce compounds and save racers money in 2013) Here was the big Lucas Oil announcement from PRI after they had a "cost saving" test session at Florence Speedway in 2012 the week before the first Portsmouth Raceway Park DTWC https://www.performanceracing.com/ma...ve-partnership.

Fast forward to 2022 and we have the new unified tire rule that's going to limit compounds and save the racers money. Color me shocked....tires are always the go when they want it to look like they are trying to do something...All the while the modern day wedge has become more & more aero dependent . As Josh Bayko pointed out in another thread: guys just kept pushing things like deck height until the tech guys just let them run whatever (all that mattered was tires) . Funny thing is way back then when all that was happening there was a small group of us that was screaming about the direction the bodies were heading but it fell on deaf ears.....All anybody wanted to talk about (even some of he ones that are complaining now ) was how the new tire rule was going to save dirt late model racing.
    Mike

Facebook

It’s Knoxville. It’s never been an exciting late model track. Move on people. Next week it’s on to better tracks and we will see more passing/racing.

Nothing will be done! The attitude on 4m is, as long as big races get good crowds, the state of the sport is good. Very few in 4m land care about grass roots racing, weekly racing is dying without a fight. Ive read post saying all teams have the same money, they need to just get busy. These top heavy purses are destroying the sport. example dirt million biggest race of the year, 4th pace 15,000, 8th 7500, 14th 5822, 20th 5450 and 2nd 100,000. Other than 1sr or 2nd those are numbers are not season changing. Im glad Davenport won a million dollars for winning that race. But the Landers spends millions a year to race. So nothing big to that team. I think something drastic has to happen. Sadly the direction of dirt probably needs to go the same direction pavement racing has. A top tier of maybe 20 teams for Lucas, WOO, and Eldora with their rules. hopefully the regional teams will still get some money thrown at them. Race teams trying to keep up at a local level with Tmac, Overton, Davenport, Oneal and those level teams has destroyed and bankrupted local racing and race teams. I actually think dividing the super teams from the rest might actually be good for the sport in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Nothing will be done! The attitude on 4m is, as long as big races get good crowds, the state of the sport is good. Very few in 4m land care about grass roots racing, weekly racing is dying without a fight. Ive read post saying all teams have the same money, they need to just get busy. These top heavy purses are destroying the sport. example dirt million biggest race of the year, 4th pace 15,000, 8th 7500, 14th 5822, 20th 5450 and 2nd 100,000. Other than 1sr or 2nd those are numbers are not season changing. Im glad Davenport won a million dollars for winning that race. But the Landers spends millions a year to race. So nothing big to that team. I think something drastic has to happen. Sadly the direction of dirt probably needs to go the same direction pavement racing has. A top tier of maybe 20 teams for Lucas, WOO, and Eldora with their rules. hopefully the regional teams will still get some money thrown at them. Race teams trying to keep up at a local level with Tmac, Overton, Davenport, Oneal and those level teams has destroyed and bankrupted local racing and race teams. I actually think dividing the super teams from the rest might actually be good for the sport in the long run.
    The funny part to me is all the national level guys crying about how expensive racing has become. Randall Edwards said in a Flo interview that they shouldn’t race any 100 lap races anymore, motors are too expensive for that. Lmao these guys kill me.

It’s Knoxville. It’s never been an exciting late model track. Move on people. Next week it’s on to better tracks and we will see more passing/racing.

yep, cuttem all down to 1/4-3/8!

The excitement will return.......aero solved!