Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Zero25 cutting everything down to 3/8 and quarter miles will not solve aero
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

"its Knoxville" my ass.... I travel to a lot Lucas shows - Eldora 2x a year etc. The racing has sucked and its reached a point where I can easily sit on my ass at home and watch the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) product vs traveling hours and spending 3x as much. Will re-evaluate and pull back on travel if the racing keeps deteriorating and continues to resemble NASCAR

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Nothing will be done! The attitude on 4m is, as long as big races get good crowds, the state of the sport is good. Very few in 4m land care about grass roots racing, weekly racing is dying without a fight. Ive read post saying all teams have the same money, they need to just get busy. These top heavy purses are destroying the sport. example dirt million biggest race of the year, 4th pace 15,000, 8th 7500, 14th 5822, 20th 5450 and 2nd 100,000. Other than 1sr or 2nd those are numbers are not season changing. Im glad Davenport won a million dollars for winning that race. But the Landers spends millions a year to race. So nothing big to that team. I think something drastic has to happen. Sadly the direction of dirt probably needs to go the same direction pavement racing has. A top tier of maybe 20 teams for Lucas, WOO, and Eldora with their rules. hopefully the regional teams will still get some money thrown at them. Race teams trying to keep up at a local level with Tmac, Overton, Davenport, Oneal and those level teams has destroyed and bankrupted local racing and race teams. I actually think dividing the super teams from the rest might actually be good for the sport in the long run.
    I highly doubt Landers is spending millions of dollars per year Racing..lol Hudson O' Neal's car owner has a $250,000 per year budget, that seems about right to me. Why don't you just watch late model crate racing? Why turn super late model racing into something that already exist?
    Last edited by Crossbones; 09-17-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Roger didn’t exactly say he had a 250k budget. He stated all his equipment including the hauler & shop was paid for. Barring any major problems: he estimated 250k. ( that means not destroying a 60k car or 60k engine.
    He has 3 full time employees and to be honest I seriously doubt he only spends 250k. Maybe he meant his out of pocket $$. He has a sweet deal with Lazy Days RV Center. He could very well be doing it tho - just don’t know how to relate the 250k statement.

I'm talking about the average yearly cost, not the initial start up cost of a national touring team with hauler, shop and cars/engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I highly doubt Landers is spending millions of dollars per year Racing..lol Hudson O' Neal's car owner has a $250,000 per year budget, that seems about right to me. Why don't you just watch late model crate racing? Why turn super late model racing into something that already exist?
    It's Safe to say you failed math class.

The serious teams are spending 500k plus.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Landers said they have 4 full time engineers. How many other teams can afford this?

There was a time when late models were owned by local drivers and individuals who would pay for the building of a race car. They would take a stock car frame, often chevelles, camaros, mustangs, and about any car make. They would build their own roll cages, motors, and everything pertaining to the car themselves. These cars put on a lot of great racing. Even though they weren't awesome in appearance and technology as the cars are now, they in their own time were the best. Races were won far more on driving ability rather than how good the car itself was.

Local racing was affordable even though the purses were not that great, there were plenty of late models out there to provide racing at about all of the dirt tracks around, and the fans did not have to worry about having races canceled by rain forecasts. The fans and cars all showed up and took their chances back then.

Even when the chassis building businesses started coming into play with Howe, Jigalo, Callahan, Rayburn, Wright, and the rest started builing race chassis things were still pretty good.

I miss those days very much.

A couple of examples of the old cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-18-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Better watch you say about the almighty 49. When Rigsby was ready to crown him on twitter last week, I mentioned he drives for Landers who is a millionaire and has engineers behind him all the fanboys went on the attack. I even had his merchandise peddler and Landers old lady chime in. She claims they don't have anything that no other team has which is completely laughable in itself.

49 car is very different in clean air, it’s a rocket ship. Once JD got by Pearson, I’m guessing his tires were gone, there wasn’t any lap cars around and JD got that clean air in the outside land and it was over

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    There was a time when late models were owned by local drivers and individuals who would pay for the building of a race car. They would take a stock car frame, often chevelles, camaros, mustangs, and about any car make. They would build their own roll cages, motors, and everything pertaining to the car themselves. These cars put on a lot of great racing. Even though they weren't awesome in appearance and technology as the cars are now, they in their own time were the best. Races were won far more on driving ability rather than how good the car itself was.

Local racing was affordable even though the purses were not that great, there were plenty of late models out there to provide racing at about all of the dirt tracks around, and the fans did not have to worry about having races canceled by rain forecasts. The fans and cars all showed up and took their chances back then.

Even when the chassis building businesses started coming into play with Howe, Jigalo, Callahan, Rayburn, Wright, and the rest started builing race chassis things were still pretty good.

I miss those days very much.

A couple of examples of the old cars.
    I'm closing in on 40, I remember some of this. I'm beginning to miss the old days that I got be apart of, I'm talking early 90s times.

I miss handmade/homemade bodies and single layer vinyl. I can handle today's wraps, but I hate the laser cut bodies of today.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    It's Safe to say you failed math class.
    I understand math fine.

The only reason a team would be spending 500k+ per year is they have several really well paid full time employees. What's that got to do with the cost of racing one of these cars?

Someone could claim they spend $5 million per year and you people would believe it, but won't believe a car owner that says his yearly budget is $250k per year because you people don't want to believe it...lol

Everybody should watch (and then direct message) guys like The Chaz. He regularly finds and interviews some of the top officials, drivers, etc.. in DLM and Sprint Car racing, then posts them on his YouTube.
    It's going to take those types of media guys to get the fans' issues like aero & formats addressed at PRI.

If you want an example, go find the video of him questioning Kyle Larson about his new Sprint Car Series that scheduled against the Jackson Nationals.

JD did not win last night

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    If you want an example, go find the video of him questioning Kyle Larson about his new Sprint Car Series that scheduled against the Jackson Nationals.
    He made himself look like the idiot he is in that interview, larsons race wasn’t schedule against the Jackson nationals at all, some guys even went to both races

Racing has been fine this year if you watch second on back in the races JD starts on the front row.
    On some tracks you have to go fourth on back. I do miss the old days but you had to attend those races, no home viewing.

Now home viewing is a great thing, but it has driven the sport into mega bucks. No local racing for sure

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Racing has been fine this year if you watch second on back in the races JD starts on the front row.
    On some tracks you have to go fourth on back. I do miss the old days but you had to attend those races, no home viewing.

Now home viewing is a great thing, but it has driven the sport into mega bucks. No local racing for sure
    No it hasn't. If you can't slide someone, you can't pass. It's been average at best.

I understand math fine.

The only reason a team would be spending 500k+ per year is they have several really well paid full time employees. What's that got to do with the cost of racing one of these cars?

Someone could claim they spend $5 million per year and you people would believe it, but won't believe a car owner that says his yearly budget is $250k per year because you people don't want to believe it...lol
    2 new cars turn key is $200k. You ain't turned a lap yet. If you don't have a couple guys that add up to at least $100k, you got bad help. Now, a drum of fuel is $1000. You go through a lot of those and tires. You gotta keep the hauler full of fuel and food. Every 1500 laps, your engine needs a $12k freshening.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-20-2022 at 12:19 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    2 new cars turn key is $200k. You ain't turned a lap yet. If you don't have a couple guys that add up to at least $100k, you got bad help. Now, a drum of fuel is $1000. You go through a lot of those and tires. You gotta keep the hauler full of fuel and food. Every 1500 laps, your engine needs a $12k freshening.
    These guys buy a new $40,000+ Longhorn and sell their old Longhorn for $30,000.