Default Droop Rule Question

So I understand that the droop rule was implemented as a safety fix for cars flipping over. My question is, is it proven that a car with a droop at 53 inches is faster than a car at 51 inches? I would think that the larger the droop is, the more unstable the car becomes because the center of gravity has changed. Just curious after Ricky Weiss DQ at Eldora, if it really made him faster.
    On a steady diet of dirt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Racerfan X View Post
    My question is, is it proven that a car with a droop at 53 inches is faster than a car at 51 inches?
    The answer is for the most part is: NO, you can't say 100% that the car will be faster but it will have more down force. As long as the car is balanced with the extra down force, then yes in theory the car will have more grip and should be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerfan X View Post
    So I understand that the droop rule was implemented as a safety fix for cars flipping over. My question is, is it proven that a car with a droop at 53 inches is faster than a car at 51 inches? I would think that the larger the droop is, the more unstable the car becomes because the center of gravity has changed. Just curious after Ricky Weiss DQ at Eldora, if it really made him faster.
    I believe the theory on droop causing more flips is related to possibly being easier for another cars nose to get under drivers door area. Much like CUP cars seem to flip after another car hits it at plate races.