Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southern Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    They call Johnny Dr. Dirt.......after last nights fiasco, he should be sued for malpractice!And yes HH, the announcer put me to sleep as well! Perhaps, he shoulda made a visit to Snorts trailer! lol
    That's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    And its dumbassery on anybody's part to criticize a local track that includes its 'lower' classes, those weekly people that pay 85% of the bill, for including them. Kill your entry level participation, increase the cost at the entry level, you just killed the sport. Half the time the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed street stock/stock car feature is the most entertaining racing of the night.
    Please humor me while I try to make sense of this... Let's look at a track in Illinois, like Spoon River. Their weekly program includes Modifies, Pro Late Models, B-Mods, Hornets, Midgets, and I believe sometimes Street Stocks. When they hosted the Castrol FloRacing Night in America, using this logic, the $22,022 to win late model show should have been accompanied by 5 or 6 support divisions on a Wednesday night. Also, the temps during that week were nearing 100 degrees so they should also wait until after 8 o'clock to start. I wrote it and read it back to myself, but I still don't get it. Sorry to anyone who shares this opinion. Support and entry level classes have their place, but they aren't included on Saturday at the World 100 or Knoxville Nationals for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Switched over to the Mag after Knoxville. No hard feelings here but after 5 minutes, the announcer had me out cold sawing loggs.
    I quit watching because the racing was boring and the announcer was boring.

I've worked in Alabama a couple times, and every time I watch an event at EAMS, it takes me right back. The slowest people I've ever met. Talking, moving, troubleshooting, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I've worked in Alabama a couple times, and every time I watch an event at EAMS, it takes me right back. The slowest people I've ever met. Talking, moving, troubleshooting, you name it.
    Come on over next door to Mississippi then some of these moth€(?¥<kers around this place will make the Bama folks look like Rhodes scholars.

lol. I'll take your word for it.

im right in the middle of the south. its a few factors that make the shows run late IMO. #1 is qualifying every single class above the fwd. if i wanted to watch cars race the clock id go to a drag strip. supers only qualify, passing points for the rest if they dont think straight up is fair. #2 is too many classes, you need one 4 cyl, one stock car, one modified and one late model class, not three variances of each, if you want more run em biweekly. #3 is waiting on scoring to get the lineups right, as a racer that goes to quite a few tracks i cant explain how nice it is to have a director and scorer that knows how to use a raceiver, nothing irks me more when we waste laps lining up 13th place.

You are correct to many classes I don't think there is a track in the south that is open running less than 7 classes I've always said bi weekly was a good idea if you had that many classes but they just don't get it some do but most dont.

I was not able to watch it live and I could very well be mistaken but when i checked on My Race Pass I thought it showed they ran the show in a very weird order. Did they have most of the late model program done before even qualifying some of the support classes?

I haven’t gone to as many regular local races this year due to too many classes. I tend to pick the special events and even some of those have too many classes.