Thumbs up Eldora - Modifieds & Super Late Models.

Let's keep this conversation civil.

Eldora Speedway - Modifieds & Super Late Models.

No disrespect to the Folks that Run and promote Lincoln Speedway in Illinois. Been there a few times and love the track and the racing there.

This event lol. I don't agree with sanctioning all the divisions. I would have just kept it Super Late Models, and Open Wheel Modifieds. I think they took on one to many divisions and that is where it started for DIRTcar and a lot of folks feeling it's messed up now. Just my opinion.

On a side note. I did talk to new Eldora General Manager Jerry Gappens on Saturday of the World 100 weekend for a good 10 minutes not long after the DRO Dirt Racing Outreach Service where he was a guest speaker and laid out a case for the Fall Nationals and the Modified drivers. Jerry said he would strongly consider the Idea of having the Fall Nationals back at Eldora and talk to Tony and staff. I told him a long with myself who helps a friend with his car a lot of the Modified teams felt like they had been slight by getting rid of the event from Eldora like no one cared about the divisions and the drivers and teams that have supported the Modifieds and the event for years. For most of the Modified teams the event at Eldora was basically their Daytona 500 or World 100. Most of the best teams in UMP DIRTcar Modified competition where there for that show and ran their best. I think to many drivers it still means a lot to them to have a chance to get to stand on that particular stang and celebrate a win with their respective teams after a win especially those that don't get to compete there very often if at all and their only chance to race there is when the season is over in their respective areas. I think its ok to have and event at Lincoln with DIRTcar just have the Super Late Models and Open Wheel Modified portions at Eldora.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I mean really Eldora and UMP Ruined it when they went to a Friday Saturday and then 3 day show it was best as a Saturday and Sunday show. I think it should go back to the orginal but now pay Super Lates 20,000 to win and 1,000 to start and mods 10,000 to win and 500 to start and run it as hotlaps at 5p.m. saturday and have qualifing and heats and Sunday at 1p.m. consis and features.