Default One lap one beer with Billy Moyer

Good video to watch on Flo. He mentions the same thing about the cars as Shane McDowell did in his video. Slow these things down a little. Make them where they aren't so glued to the track. Try a skinnier tire, trim the bodies up. Myself I'd change the nosepieces on them as well. JMO. But like mentioned b4, until crowds dwindle nothing will probably happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Good video to watch on Flo. He mentions the same thing about the cars as Shane McDowell did in his video. Slow these things down a little. Make them where they aren't so glued to the track. Try a skinnier tire, trim the bodies up. Myself I'd change the nosepieces on them as well. JMO. But like mentioned b4, until crowds dwindle nothing will probably happen.
    The cars are like the long, boring shows in the south....they need to be fixed but the demand is too high to change anything.
    Magnolia had over 100 late models between three classes for decent pay and the grandstands looked pretty packed. Why change the formula ?

If you wait for the crowds to dwindle, you’ve waited too long. People may not come back. Look at NASCAR.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    The cars are like the long, boring shows in the south....they need to be fixed but the demand is too high to change anything.
    Magnolia had over 100 late models between three classes for decent pay and the grandstands looked pretty packed. Why change the formula ?
    Because you must adapt to change in order to sustain interest. Long boring shows is most certainly not what got us here.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Because you must adapt to change in order to sustain interest. Long boring shows is most certainly not what got us here.
    I've never known anything different in this region. I've been into this stuff since about 1997. It took going to races in other parts of the country for me to realize that.

Everything everyone says on here every week about the bodies and speed of cars is 100% true. But nothing is going to happen bc crowds aren’t dwindling at the big money shows, they’re only getting larger and larger for the most part. Eventually it’s gonna be a traveling circus of big shows and no local racing (IROC). The sad part is, most industry people and media folks of today don’t seem to care

Yea they were packed in like sardines at knoxville ? I realize the size of the place, so don't go there, the crowds were not great any night. 50 laps and EPJ and others mentioned how the track was getting slick, it cost Tyler B. that race.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yea they were packed in like sardines at knoxville ? I realize the size of the place, so don't go there, the crowds were not great any night. 50 laps and EPJ and others mentioned how the track was getting slick, it cost Tyler B. that race.
    Name a time Knoxville filled the stands for a late model show, clown. On the other hand Eldora, Florence, Eastbay, Fairbury, etc keep getting close to record crowds for their big races

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Name a time Knoxville filled the stands for a late model show, clown. On the other hand Eldora, Florence, Eastbay, Fairbury, etc keep getting close to record crowds for their big races
    Cedar Lake too. I know they had a record number of campers for the USA Nationals. They set that record at the same time we had record high diesel prices.

Billy talked about how he used to come from the back and "drive up through there" and the way the cars are now you can't do that anymore.

The year Bill Frye won the Topless 100 in 1996 after pitting twice for tires and driving back to the front. I can remember seeing Bloomquist pit for tires and win the Show-Me 100 in like 2002 or 2003. Like Moyer said, can't the powers to be see how much better that is for the fans?

Hopefully somebody will step forward with some sensible rules this winter, so Super Late Model racing can return to exciting racing.

Well the sensible rules people would probably have to be Rick Schwallie (rolling eyes) Steve Francis (again rolling eyes), Casey Shuman, Ray Cook, and some others with these series to start. Gotta find out a way to help these regional guys before its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    What I'm saying dip t*rd is the supers can't draw at knoxville. Never did, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    What I'm saying dip t*rd is the supers can't draw at knoxville. Never did, never will.
    Okay and? Knoxville’s attendance stayed the same and most everyone else’s big show attendance has been up. Nothing you said added anything to this thread.