Default Who Is This Will Herrington Guy?

I've seen him making good runs and winning some races regionally and doing quite well in some of the national races. Who is he? Is he a young guy? Who does he drive for? I know he's from GA, but apart from that, I know nothing of him. Figured some on here would know something about him since I can't imagine this is his first year running Supers the way he drives.

If I was Roger Sellers and I couldn't get Josh Rice, he'd be my next pick for Big Head Hudson. (I'm a fan of Hud, but you guys are right...his head seems to grow by leaps and bounds every year)

He's a young driver from Georgia. He won a lot of crate races the last few years and has raced more in supers this year. Impressive driver with a bright future. Not sure he's ready for a Lucas tour. Then again, neither was Hudson when he started, Spencer Hughes, or some other really young drivers that have done it.

Not a terribly young driver..I think hes maybe 25? Good driver, though..put in the work and paid his dues.

The 14 car he won in yesterday is owned (I think) by Herrington. The 19 car he’s been driving for most of the big SLM shows this year is owned (I think) by a guy named Colton from north Alabama. I believe Colton funds that whole operation. I started a post a few months ago about all the young drivers down here in GA - Wil Herrington, Garrett Smith, Ashton Winger, Peyton Freeman, etc. There’s definitely no shortage of talent in this state.

Thanks for all the input guys.

@TerryM - I agree. Lots of talent out of that area. I like Ashton Winger, but that boy really tears up some equipment and seems to me he's been getting a bit more reckless, perhaps due to frustration. He was running really well in that black 89 of GR Smith/Clary, but once they went to that red one and since his split with GR, he's either struggled or wrecked a lot. Hope he gets back on track soon.

Will Herrington was definitely one of the things I will remember from the 2022 World 100, even though his results may not match the impact he had on fans like me. For me, he was the perfect touch of exciting, but smooth and respectful of the racers around him and his owners equipment.
    I got a chance to talk to him on Friday (i think) next to the stage before the evenings events started. Seemed to be a humble kid, with an extreme amount of talent who was smiling ear to ear the whole time and just excited to be there. He made a fan out of me, and I let him know it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    Will Herrington was definitely one of the things I will remember from the 2022 World 100, even though his results may not match the impact he had on fans like me. For me, he was the perfect touch of exciting, but smooth and respectful of the racers around him and his owners equipment.
    I got a chance to talk to him on Friday (i think) next to the stage before the evenings events started. Seemed to be a humble kid, with an extreme amount of talent who was smiling ear to ear the whole time and just excited to be there. He made a fan out of me, and I let him know it.
    I think the key thing you said there was respectful. I know if I was a car owner, that is one quality I'd want to see...respect on and off the track and towards the equipment I was giving him....kinda like Hudson O'Neal. That's what I really like about him.

Will certainly races hard, but he doesn't seem reckless like a lot of young drivers...and a lot of not so young drivers.

Thanks for the story. It was good to hear.

His interview on flo made him feel exactly how you described it…….fan for sure.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    Not a terribly young driver..I think hes maybe 25? Good driver, though..put in the work and paid his dues.
    Young compared to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Young compared to me.
    In that regard, me too lol

For anyone interested in watching him, this is his upcoming big events schedule:

Sept 30 - Cherokee 10K

Oct 1 - Senoia 10K

Oct 6 - Tri County 22K

Oct 7 - Talladega 12K

Oct 15 - Swainsboro 10K

Oct 21/22 - Whynot

Nov 10/11/12 - Senoia 53K

Dec 1/2/3 - The Dome

Wil is at TST this weekend. With both the 19 Super car, and the 14 crate. Don’t be shocked if he wins one. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I think the key thing you said there was respectful. I know if I was a car owner, that is one quality I'd want to see...respect on and off the track and towards the equipment I was giving him....kinda like Hudson O'Neal. That's what I really like about him. Will certainly races hard, but he doesn't seem reckless like a lot of young drivers...and a lot of not so young drivers. Thanks for the story. It was good to hear.
    Will Harrington sounds like an upstanding guy ! Hopefully Huddy huge head will be able to take that #1 Rocket car to advance positions ahead in the races instead of getting passed ?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    For anyone interested in watching him, this is his upcoming big events schedule:

Sept 30 - Cherokee 10K

Oct 1 - Senoia 10K

Oct 6 - Tri County 22K

Oct 7 - Talladega 12K

Oct 15 - Swainsboro 10K

Oct 21/22 - Whynot

Nov 10/11/12 - Senoia 53K

Dec 1/2/3 - The Dome
    Looks like our boy ruffled some feathers again. Not sure what Millwood's problem was. Didn't look like Herrington did anything wrong to me. That was the line he was running...same line Madden ran.

He got Milwooded a couple of weeks ago. I guess Tyler thought it was retaliation!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    He got Milwooded a couple of weeks ago. I guess Tyler thought it was retaliation!
    LOL @ Millwooded. Well played.

Milwood is an idiot

Herrington has way more talent than Millwood IMO.

hes one of them GEORGIA back dirt road dukes of hazard boys that will drive the wheels off of a race car If he can get er CRUNKED UP,LOL..........