Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Expected Drivers List - WOO @ Boyd’s Speedway (9/23 & 9/24)

Who’s coming? I’ve not found this race on a ton of national guy’s schedules other than WOO regulars. But one thing I will say, is that Boyd’s always turns out a strong field of regional super late model drivers, regardless of the purse. Being centrally located between the Atlanta, Knoxville and National areas, and with so many southeastern teams based an easy 2-3 hour drive from the track, I would expect a pretty good car count.

Question

Madden has it on his schedule. Cory Hedgecokc too.
    Last edited by Oiler; 09-19-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Madden has it on his schedule. Cory Hedgecokc too.
    They Way WoO has been lately , wouldn't it be a local " Cherry Pickin " race for someone the likes of Madden ? ? Hows about it Rajiflyboy ? ?

McDowell has it on his schedule.

Randy Weaver hinted that he has a ride lined up during his Road to Eldora interview

Probably a lot of the same drivers that were at Smoky Mountain a few weeks ago, drivers like McDowell, Seawright, Freeman, Dalton Cook, Hedgec0ck, and maybe Weiss.

Jensen Ford has it on his schedule

How has the racing been the last few years? I’m talking Supers, and since I’ve been down here (2015). The one time I’ve been there, was not good. Will this be better?

I love about 20 minutes from the track and have watched countless features of a variety of classes at Boyd’s in recent years. It’s had its highs and it’s certainly had its lows. The racing in 2020 and 2021 was not great, I’ll admit that. However, the handful of races that I’ve been to this year have been much better, including with the supers. Riley Hickman and his crew seem to have the track itself in as good of shape as it’s been in in I’d say the past 5 years. The good thing about Boyd’s, it’s not huge, so they’re not going to be too fast and they will catch lap traffic easily…as long as they can keep it from rubbering up by the end of hot laps and locking down come feature time, then I’m hopeful for a good show. I will say though that the 2 day show concerns me a bit…Boyd’s track surface has typically not reacted well to back to back nights of racing.

Winner starts on the pole hard track to pass on the rails are down.

Hunt the front will be there.

The track starting to be pretty active on the social media pages releasing expected drivers

I noticed the track social media mentioned Jimmy Owens, but it’s not on JO schedule yet.

Track still releasing drivers on social, but this is as of about 10 minutes ago…Erb Jr, Gustin, McDowell, Briggs, Clanton, Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Madden, Seawright, Freeman, Bronson, Owens, Richards, Joiner, Roland, (Carson) Ferguson, (Cameron) Weaver, English, Page, (Brent) Larson, Bloomquist, Frame

Cla Knight - Vic Hill - Eli Beets - Tlyer Milwood - Gordy Gundaker - Heath Hindman - David Payne - Jason Croft - Donald Mcintosh - Max Blair - Ray Cook

Concerned for spectator parking expecting a huge crowd but parking is tight.

This is the list Boyd's put out a few hours ago: Joseph Joiner and HTF, Scott Bloomquist, Dale McDowell, Jimmy Owens, Chris Madden, Boom Briggs, Payton Freeman, Donald McIntosh, Jason Croft, David Payne, Dennis Erb Jr, Heath Hindman, Jensen Ford, Dalton Cook, Max Blair, Ryan Gustin, Shane Clanton, Cory Hedgec0ck, Sam Seawright, Kyle Bronson, Will Roland, Carson Ferguson, Cameron Weaver, Tanner English, Michael Page, Brent Larson, Jadon Frame, Gordy Gundaker, Tyler Millwood, Ray Cook, Eli Beets, Vic Hill, Josh Richards, Cla Knight, Parker Martin, Trent Ivey.

I read they have extra parking across the street available .

They are getting absolutely perfect weather for both nights too. Tomorrow sunny 76 and a low of 54. Saturday 80 with a low of 56.

Chamber of commerce weather for them.

Also add Ellery Leake