Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't know what it is about Boyd's. Maybe it's because they're in the middle of east Tennessee and north Georgia. But most of the time they have a good super late model race on a Friday night, they draw the cars.

Looks like a decent field of cars so far. The Jackson 100 at Brownstown this weekend is likely hurting the car count a little bit with regards to some of the Lucas drivers who would have probably been at this race were it an off week for them. Nonetheless, should be a competitive field of cars and hoping for 2 good nights of racing.

Boyd’s is running 5 divisions!

"Boyd’s is running 5 divisions"

Here we go again with that" Southern Back Gate"......For once I would like to see these tracks bring in a national tour event and have no more than TWO support divisions to see how it goes. The promotors might be shocked that their attendance might actually go up with a shortened program. That way of thinking would never fly with the fans where I live. Just sayin'

I thought WoO only allowed hosting tracks to run 2 or 3 support divisions but must not be the case.

Honestly I’m surprised there’s not more divisions, but I think woo will run there part of the show threw before most divisions are finished up

Boyd’s website list 5 classes total each night. Hoping they hot lap qualify most, if not all, of the support divisions (the might qualify the 604 crates) to help save some time. I wouldn’t expect the WOO feature to be the very first one, but likely the 2nd or 3rd feature each night.

If things haven't changed, they have a very strict curfew, and with a 7.30 hot lap start time they will have to have good luck, and keep them rolling! wish them the best.

Now we are biching about 5 classes? Flo , mav,speed51 ,etc are perfect for folks that only want to watch the supers.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

They do have a curfew. Race Pass was where I seen the 5 divisions.

5 Divisions listed
    1. Late Models
    2. 602 crates
    3. 604 crates
    4. Beginner
    5. Crown Vic

Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), McDowell, Bronson are entered.

Other than the Crown Vic class all the cars look the same tonight.

Anybody there tonight that can shed some light on how the racing was before I form my own opinion from the updates provided on Inside Dirt?

If you start on the pole you win hard to pass on track probably be worse tonight

Congrats to 5th starting Ryan Gustin on the win

I can’t necessarily speak to last night’s race because I wasn’t there, but watching the replay this morning on DoD seemed to indicate that it was “typical” Boyd’s. Tonight, however…tonight delivered…in a big way. Did it race like the midwest bullrings? No, and it never will. But it raced extremely well for a red clay track in the south that just had a complete show ran on it last night. I was skeptical, but I left tonight feeling like I had gotten my money’s worth. I’m a MacDaddy fan but Gustin drove the wheels off that 19 and earned every bit of that win. The list of drivers to win a race rim-riding at Boyd’s is a rather short one…so hats off to the track staff for prepping a racy surface, and congrats to Gustin for making the high line work.

That was the best race that I’ve seen at Boyd’s in a long time, probably since Gar owned it honestly. If anyone complains about tonight’s show, they just need to complain about something to be happy.