FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 22, 2022

Riggs Motorsports and Tanner English Set to Amicably Split Following 2022 Campaign

(NORRIS CITY, ILLINOIS) As the Riggs Motorsports team strikes out to Boyd’s Speedway this weekend for two pivotal rounds of World of Outlaws Case Construction Late Model Series action in the ‘Stateline Showdown,’ team owner Scott Riggs and driver Tanner English would both like to announce that they will part ways following the conclusion of the 2022 racing season. The pairing had a terrific three-year run, as Tanner started driving for the Illinois-based Super Late Model team in 2020 when he picked up Rookie of the Year honors on the ultra-competitive Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. The Benton, Kentucky ace then followed the grueling DIRTcar Summer Nationals tour in 2021 and finished a close third in the final point tally.

In 2022, the team set out to run full-time with the World of Outlaws Late Model Series and currently finds themselves second in both driver and team points heading down the homestretch. Tanner recently secured over $40,000 in winnings in late August during the ‘Quad Cities 150’ weekend, as he claimed the first two World of Outlaw triumphs of his young career on the 1/4-mile oval at Davenport Speedway in Davenport, Iowa. In the 65 races entered so far with Riggs Motorsports during the 2022 campaign, Tanner has amassed 5 victories, 24 Top Five finishes, and 41 Top Ten performances.

Even though both parties have announced their intentions to split following the year, all eyes at Riggs Motorsports continue to be set on capturing the 2022 World of Outlaws Late Model Series National Championship, as Tanner sits 104 markers behind leader Dennis Erb, Jr. heading into Boyd’s Speedway this weekend. The season-ending ‘World Finals’ at the pristine Dirt Track at Charlotte in Concord, North Carolina from November 2-5 will be the final ride for Tanner behind the wheel of a #81E machine.

“It was a tough decision to make, as I truly think of Tanner as family,” commented team owner Scott Riggs. “We have had a great three years together and we were able to give him the opportunity to compete at a high level on both national tours. I wanted to get this announcement out early so that Tanner has the chance to land a great ride and have more time to put something together for next season. It was a very amicable split and I’d be more than happy to put in a great word for him to any future car owner. As far as Riggs Motorsports, we are by no means done, but we also do not have anything to announce at this time for 2023 other than my sons - Jason and Jack Riggs - will continue to race as their busy schedules allow. I’d like to thank Tanner for all he has done for our race team and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.”

Family was also a word that Tanner English used when asked about his thoughts on the amicable parting of ways. “I thought we built something at Riggs Motorsports - kind of from the ground up - and we did it the right way over the last three years,” quoted English. “I can’t thank Scott, Tara, Jason, Jack, and the entire Riggs family enough for believing in me like they did and giving me everything I needed to be successful at a national level. For that, I am forever grateful to them and I will always think of them as family. We still have a lot of racing left to do this year and while it’s a little bit of a longshot to catch Dennis (Erb, Jr.) for the title, we are going to give it our best. With that being said, I also need to start planning and working towards 2023, so if anyone is interested in putting together a program for next year - I would be happy to discuss any opportunity.”

The ‘Stateline Showdown’ at Boyd’s Speedway on September 23-24 will feature two complete shows for the World of Outlaws Case Construction Late Model Series. A $10,000 top prize will be up for grabs on Friday night at the Ringgold, Georgia facility, while Saturday’s weekend finale will boast a whopping $20,000 winner’s check. You can watch all of the action LIVE on DIRTVision or learn more about the doubleheader by logging onto www.woolms.com.

Riggs Motorsports would like to thank the following group of sponsors and partners for their continued support: Riggs Drilling Solutions, Haas Horizontal, Best One Tire & Auto Care, Lents Towing & Recovery, Seay Motors, Supreme Enterprise, Holbrook Metal Fabrication, Base Racing Fuel, Allstar Performance, Longhorn Chassis, XR1 Rocket Chassis, Slicker Graphics, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Swift Springs, Hoosier Racing Tires, Clements Racing Engines, Cornett Racing Engines, Budda Bert Transmissions, Speedwerx, Peterson Fluid Systems, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Performance Bodies, Multi-Fire Spark Plug Wires, Winning Edge Carburetion, Hooker Harness, Wilwood Engineering, QuickCar Racing Products, Impact Race Gear, and Peterson Fluid Systems.

Keep up with Riggs Motorsports all year long by logging onto www.RiggsMotorsports81.com or follow the team on social media – Facebook @RiggsMotorsports, Twitter @rmsports81, and Instagram @jasonriggs81.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

####