Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They could help the racing a lot by opening the tire rule some. The steel block cars go out after the 100 lapper and race way better, almost every time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Add:

Colton Flinner #48
    Devin Gilpin #1G
    Tyler Carpenter #28
    Freddie Carpenter #K
    Josh Rice #11
    Doug Drown #12
    Robby Hensley #21
    Ryan Gustin #19R
    Mike Benedum #25
    Zack Dohm #17
    Last edited by TTS_JF; 10-11-2022 at 07:05 AM.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Add: Dustin Linville #D8

List updated.

Add:

Scott Bloomquist #0
    Garrett Smith #10
    Last edited by TTS_JF; 10-11-2022 at 11:46 AM.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Added: Brandon Overton and removed: Dennis Erb jr

It’s like you just said: lots of cars and a packed house- pretty simple!
    Ona side note: the DTWC has to have plenty of spectator seating, pit area for teams and most importantly for this event- a large camping area. This limits the choices- several tracks have failed at hosting this event. Apparently Carl Short and Portsmouth/ Lucas Oil have a good thing going. The racing can be hit/ miss - I’ve seen both but I will be there in a few weeks to enjoy!
    Carl is a very loyal person. You have to appreciate that. As long as the current owners run the track and he continues to draw great crowds, that race isn't going anywhere. I know of a few track owners that tried to get him to move it and this is what he's told them.

Carl Short has been in this business a long- long time!
    He knows the in/outs of what works & what doesn’t. He owns the rights to the DTWC name and it’s his choice as to where to hold it. Portsmouth has the necessary/required facilities to hold this event.

Is there a track in the MOV or close that has ALL the ingredients to hold this event? I don't believe so.

1.) Space - Camping, pits, bleachers.

2.) Location - tracks that are centrally located to lots of drivers, in a good area to draw a decent car count.

3.) Racing - tracks that provide great side by side action.

4.) Weather - Mid October weather can be very cold. This would rule out many of the northern tracks.

Many will say Florence, or Lernerville. I don't believe those tracks would be interested in an event like the DTWC, it would take away from the bigger events they already hold. (North South/Firecracker).

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Is there a track in the MOV or close that has ALL the ingredients to hold this event? I don't believe so.

1.) Space - Camping, pits, bleachers.

2.) Location - tracks that are centrally located to lots of drivers, in a good area to draw a decent car count.

3.) Racing - tracks that provide great side by side action.

4.) Weather - Mid October weather can be very cold. This would rule out many of the northern tracks.

Many will say Florence, or Lernerville. I don't believe those tracks would be interested in an event like the DTWC, it would take away from the bigger events they already hold. (North South/Firecracker).
    Atomic and brushcreek could. I still think the dtwc would be at atomic if Jeff Schrader hadn't ran out of money. Some will laugh at me saying brushcreek, rightfully so. The only thing it's lacking is the seating for an event this size.

Pennsboro
    You are exactly right!
    Portsmouth has the required amenities- maybe the racing will be awesome this year- you just never know about dirt tracks. It would be great to see so everyone will quit complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Pennsboro
    You are exactly right!
    Portsmouth has the required amenities- maybe the racing will be awesome this year- you just never know about dirt tracks. It would be great to see so everyone will quit complaining.
    I'm not a big Portsmouth fan as far as the racing goes but the other tracks that could hold the event have question marks as well. Atomic, West Virginia Motor Speedway, etc. I do think Tyler County would be a good fit but I'm sort of biased, and they may not have enough seating for it.

I think Tyler County would need more seating, camping area and better access to motels. Portsmouth racing is hit/miss- but the facility fits all other requirements. I don’t expect it to change as Carl and Portsmouth officials/Lucas Oil all seem to be happy.

It was held at Atomic under the previous track owner. I was there for that very wet weekend. That’s the year DOD was launched on the web.
    Not quite sure if they have the space for camping that is now required?

Bring it back to the Burg!

Fox, atomic has purchased the land behind the VIP box this season. They cleared it off, and it is relatively flat. They definitely have the room for camping now.

Rumor going around was that they were going to add more seating over the winter.

Still doesn't mean they are in line to get the dtwc down the road though. They must have some sort of plan for them to buying land to expand and adding seats.

Anyone at the track? Getting close to starting the show? Flo still hasn't started.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Anyone at the track? Getting close to starting the show? Flo still hasn't started.
    78 modifieds signed in tonight at Portsmouth. No FloRacing broadcast tonight. Will be live on Friday and Saturday.

Flo sent email saying started at 6PM TONIGHT. Now it's gone from their website. IDK.

Do know I won't renew my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Flo sent email saying started at 6PM TONIGHT. Now it's gone from their website. IDK.

Do know I won't renew my subscription.
    That's for tomorrow night and Saturday.
    Last edited by TowerView; 10-13-2022 at 06:50 PM.