Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Brownstown u blow......

u no 95% of the crowd is spending the weekend with you guys, but I couldn't I had other commitments back home so I went only Friday...IT got rained out!!! bummer. NO REFUNDS WHAT SO EVER, so im out 47$ ticket, 82$ room and 75$ gas and food....BROWNSTOWN U S**K!!!! The lame ass part about it, there running the feature today if I wanna spend another 50$, oh sh*t head I need food and some-wheres to stay...IM poor MFs, I choose this race cause I thought ID get to see the big dogs race...yea thats the chance you take...but these lame pos, this ain't the local weekend race...Im nobody but I won't go to that dump again!!! stupid pos!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racerx99 View Post
    u no 95% of the crowd is spending the weekend with you guys, but I couldn't I had other commitments back home so I went only Friday...IT got rained out!!! bummer. NO REFUNDS WHAT SO EVER, so im out 47$ ticket, 82$ room and 75$ gas and food....BROWNSTOWN U S**K!!!! The lame ass part about it, there running the feature today if I wanna spend another 50$, oh sh*t head I need food and some-wheres to stay...IM poor MFs, I choose this race cause I thought ID get to see the big dogs race...yea thats the chance you take...but these lame pos, this ain't the local weekend race...Im nobody but I won't go to that dump again!!! stupid pos!!!!
    You didn't sleep in the room?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

How can you blame the track because of Mother Nature?
    That’s a risk we all take every time we travel to a race.
    After all it’s not football!
    Sounds like if you are that upset- you couldn’t afford to go to start with.
    Most all race tickets stipulate “no refunds.”
    Glad you’re not my neighbor!

So you blame the track because it rains and you spent whatever you spent. If the weather looks bad why not wait in your vehicle and cancel the hotel. Any true dirt fan has been in that same senario, me included, I wait outside maybe take a nap or if I pass a place where I can get a hoagie I do so. You could start a go fund me, there's enough people out there that would probably cover your losses.

Even the day before the race the forcast was only 5 % chance of rain. It was really strange how this sprinkle developed in such a wide spread area. Now the track is really going to be worn out on this one day'er....

Maybe it got too heavy a sprinkle, but I've seen them race in those conditions at FLorence and as long as they kept the races going and not letting the track get wet they could have raced. At Florence even wth the rain the track stayed dried out and even dusty.

I live fifty miles west of B-town and it was never more than a light sprinkle here, maybe it got a little heavier at the track?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Did they get a solid rain or one that would not quit? In that case the track couldn't help it. One thing is for sure, they got the gate money and consessions and were not hard pressed to even race last night.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I have seen it rain everywhere but the track and nowhere but the track. You spend your money and take your chances.

Was watching on Flo the first rain was at least a 1 hour delay before the b mains. The second rain looked worse even tho they tried keeping the equipment on the track- it kept coming. I wasn’t there so maybe someone who was knows??
    I do know I have spent thousands on travel $$ motels, tickets, gas, food ect. For races that got rained out. That’s part of it when you leave home. As far as cancelling the motel as stated above- most now are requiring 24 hour notice.

Essex said that because the heats were run, that there would be no refunds. He also said that was standard for Lucas and other series.

Been there, done that....never once got mad at a track/promoter because of a rainout. And, yes, that is standard procedure. But have seen it both ways. One time drove from St Louis MO to Brownstown straight across Hwy 50? and was in rain the whole way. Stopped and got gas at the gas station just up around the bend from the track, still raining. Got to see a complete full dry show that night. As I left, I hit rain at that same gas station and was in rain all the way back to St. Louis.....sometimes you pay your money, you take your chances. Also got rained out in Iowa when I lived in North Carolina, no refund....although under the right conditions, normally before any track activity and it rains....I have two or three times in my 67 race seasons gotten a refund....
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Racerx99 I’m sorry but you don’t have a leg to stand on here

You just have to write it off as a loss, find the closest b00by bar, have some drinks and lick yer wounds.
    8/13/16

We've all been weathered out. I have a few times this season for sure. Today being a day for me as I stayed home because of a forecast just to find they moved the show up. Consider those expenses you had for this race and you can get a Flo subscription for much less than you have invested in this misadventure. Then you can decide in personal attendance when you have absolute faith in Mother Nature.

It bites to lose all that money and the plans you looked forward to.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Chalk another one up to the old “ outside interference “

I have had this happen multiple times. It’s no fun but it’s part of it and now I end up doing a lot of last minute planning in hopes of avoiding this.

As far as cancelling the motel as stated above- most now are requiring 24 hour notice.

Many places will let you move the date forward, so say your booked for the 24th and don't need the room at all due to a rain out. Many times you can call after the 24 hour deadline and move the date to say the 26th for no charge. Then cancel the room on the 25th.

I have never tried this personally but many people say that's the way many hotels booking rules are and that your allowed to move the date well after the 24 hour period.

Wow. Since when does Brownstown control mother nature?

I’m more curious about what hotel you can get for $82 currently than anything else in the original post.

The rest is what it is. We’ve all been there before. OP has no argument.

I'll give ya a hint. They leave the lights on.
    8/13/16

You feel better now that you spewed all your anger?