Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kid Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    He needs a new nickname!
    That was one nickname that even Eshelman moved on from. He changed it to The Rocketman probably 5 years ago.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

MRM
    I agree with you!
    Personally- since Owens is out of a ride at the end of the year (unless something changes) I would like to see him team up with Double Down. Roger has the equipment/resources and Jimmy can still get it done behind the wheel.
    Probably just wishful thinking on my part?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    MRM
    I agree with you!
    Personally- since Owens is out of a ride at the end of the year (unless something changes) I would like to see him team up with Double Down. Roger has the equipment/resources and Jimmy can still get it done behind the wheel.
    Probably just wishful thinking on my part?
    Owens would be absolutely the best choice for the ride.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Josh
    I would love to see it.
    Owens/Sellers both campaign Rocket Chasis
    Jimmy lives about 25 minutes to Rogers shop
    Jimmy can bring Reece Monument (engine $ man)
    And probably Tim Short Auto Group.
    Plus: Jimmy has a tremendous fan following.

It’s just wishful thinking on my part-but let’s just say there has been a little bit of discussion on it within the players.

Josh was sooooo good in for about 10 years there from 2007-2017, it’s a shame to see that he’s in this rough patch. I mean he had a really big head start just about every driver that is winning races and running up front right now. If you would have told me in 2010 that Josh Richards would be a non factor on the WoO tour in 12 years and Jonathan Davenport would be right up there with greatest’s of all time, I would not have taken that bet. Josh left his dads team and moved away right when bodies and spring smashing started to become a whole different animal, Big mistake at the time and even bigger mistake in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    That was one nickname that even Eshelman moved on from. He changed it to The Rocketman probably 5 years ago.
    Ive heard his wife isn't too fond of the nickname "rocketman." She must not be an Elton John fan.

Josh falling off the map to me is one of the most puzzling topics in dlms. I guess it shows how dominant the Rocket 1 really is. Still can't believe that Mark doesn't share some good information with Josh and Boom to get them more competitive. Especially Josh. It's a real head scratcher.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Josh falling off the map to me is one of the most puzzling topics in dlms. I guess it shows how dominant the Rocket 1 really is. Still can't believe that Mark doesn't share some good information with Josh and Boom to get them more competitive. Especially Josh. It's a real head scratcher.
    The answer is in the previous comment. 4 letter word, begins with a W

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    A little insight from the man himself:

https://insidedirtracing.com/josh-ri...022-struggles/
    Couple things I take away from this article.

1.) I know for a fact he hasn't forgotten how to drive. He's still young and should be in his prime years. Nobody has set the world on fire in the Bowyer 14 and this season they were late getting everything they needed to race. People forget this team was formed and put together just in time for the 2022 season.

2.) The last paragraph. I'm perfectly fine with all of the religion stuff, but it seems to me it may have put a damper on his internal fire to be really good at driving a race car.

Anyone know who's car he jumped in and tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post

1.) I know for a fact he hasn't forgotten how to drive. He's still young and should be in his prime years. Nobody has set the world on fire in the Bowyer 14 and this season they were late getting everything they needed to race. People forget this team was formed and put together just in time for the 2022 season.

2.) The last paragraph. I'm perfectly fine with all of the religion stuff, but it seems to me it may have put a damper on his internal fire to be really good at driving a race car.
    The cars are too hooked up. The driver is almost a passenger, compared to when you had to finesse. If the balance isn't right, or you are behind on the latest rule wrinkle, you have no chance.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post

..kinda just sounds to me like he has his priorities in focus. At least the Top Priority anway. He didnt say he was working less, or trying any less. He is just not letting the ups or downs consume him because he understands it comes and goes.

Ive never considered myself a Josh Richards fan, until today I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    ..kinda just sounds to me like he has his priorities in focus. At least the Top Priority anway. He didnt say he was working less, or trying any less. He is just not letting the ups or downs consume him because he understands it comes and goes.

Ive never considered myself a Josh Richards fan, until today I think.
    Well said....100% agree!

Ive been a fan for many years. Him and his dad has always been good to us on chassis help! Theyre first class in my book!