Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rick eshelman

Prayers to the family! Same type issues going on here too. I don't so much promise an this way out. R.I.P.

I am very sad to see this.

Prayers to his loved ones.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

So very very sad to read this news. On so many levels this touches. For sure as a fan of our sport. As someone who experienced this pain very early in life with a loved one. As someone who spent three decades in an occupation helping others in these moments of very profound and confusing loss. My heart goes out.

God bless and keep Rick's family and many many friends during this time. May his soul experience a place of peace.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I always enjoyed his announcing, I thought he did a great job. I may be thinking of the wrong person, but didn’t his wife or girlfriend of many years pass away from cancer a few years back. maybe it was another announcer but I thought it was his. Either way I hope the family can find ways to heal and not blame themselves for this, just from having friends that have dealt with suicide it’s tough on everyone.

Rest in peace Rick and condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Rick E. Fighting out of that dark hole is no easy task. It just sucks. He was unique and he was one of our announcers we loved. Thank you for sharing your love of racing with us Rick! We will miss you man!
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

WOO should call an audible and finish their season (after Charlotte) with a Rick Eshelman Memorial Race at PIR (Paducah)…make it either 61 laps (Rick’s age) or 43 laps (seasons as an announcer. It would seem a fitting way to close out their season, and pay tribute to a fantastic announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Prayers to the family! Same type issues going on here too. I don't so much promise an this way out. R.I.P.
    Hey man I don’t really understand what you mean by this post but if you are in a situation that seems hopeless PLEAE go talk to someone and get some help ! PLEASE!

No issues for me personally, but locally this suicide thing has been happening too often. Thanks for your concern.

Just horrible. RIP Rick, you will be missed. According to KW he did it a closed race track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiO4qcRs-lQ

RIP Mr. Eshelman. A person driven by his passion. You will be missed.

We all have demons. And we all have shoulders to lean on. Don't wait. Reach out when needed. Not even a stranger will turn you away.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Beyond sad. It's easy for us to say reach out to friends and get help. Rick was a friend to everyone. I almost faced this one time with a good friend. You just never know. God speed hall of fame announcer.

Funeral Arrangements

Rick Eshelman, age 61, of Daytona Beach Shores, Florida passed away unexpectedly Saturday October 1, 2022. He was known throughout the racing community as the “Voice of the World of Outlaws Dirt Late Model Series”.
    Along with his Fiancée Melissa and his son, Derrick; daughter-in-law, Brooke Sharrard; granddaughter, Kaylee Eshelman; and his racing family at the World Racing Group he is also survived by his family of Broadcast Colleagues and Producers, Late Model Drivers and Race Teams, Race Track Promoters, Race Fans and Friends throughout the Country.
    An announcement for a Date Time and Place for the “Celebration of Rick’s Life and Love of Racing” and a full obituary will be shared in the future on the Millard Family Chapels
    Arrangements are under the direction of HOUSER-MILLARD Funeral Directors, 2613 West Main Street, Jefferson City, Missouri 65109 (573) 636-3838. Condolences may be left online for the family at www.millardfamilychapels.com.
    To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Rick, please visit our floral store.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1