Default With the Passing of RICK ESCHELMAN lets share some stories of him.

I will share one. Rick Eschelman and I met back in the mid 2000's I do believe at Eldora at the World 100. It was my first World 100 and this man early on a Friday morning around 10a.m. was walking around and him and I started talking. He was tall and we got to talking about Florida and how my uncle lived there and all. Then he asked if I was new to Eldora I told him no cause I live 35 minutes away but this was my first World 100. Rick told me who to watch and what to watch for. Just in those 15 minutes he made me a fan for life of his. GOD SPEED RICK! Also if anyone is suffering from depression remember there are people that love you and think the world of you. Please seek help.

Not race related, but it did happen at TST a few years ago.
    I am a big Alabama fan and attended the Bama Utah St. Sugar bowl in which US won. A few days later I attended the race at TST, which Rick was announcing and as I was entering the stands, Rick said here comes d-glenn with his Utah State shirt on.
    R.I.P my friend and prayers for the family.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Utah State has never played in the Sugar Bowl.
    And they sure as hell never beat Alabama.

It was Utah Utes. Not Utah State.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-06-2022 at 09:07 AM.

2 posts before it went down the🚽.
    8/13/16

LOL.. big Alabama fan that was at the game didn't even realize who they were playing.
    He knew it was some "little people" school that got lucky. Seems about right?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    2 posts before it went down the.
    We're just talking football and trying figure out what game he was talking about.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-06-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He knew it was some "little people" school that got lucky. Seems about right?
    Not really. UTAH was 13-0 that year and Bama wasn't the same Bama that year if I remember correctly. Last football post. Back to Rick Eschelman.

I got to know Rick a little bit over the last few seasons and I can sum him up like this: he was a fan of everyone in dirt late model racing...every driver, crew member, family member, sponsor, track promoter, fan and of course...four-legged fuzzballs. He was probably the most positive-minded person I've know in this sport hands down and he always made you feel like you were the most important person he would talk to that day. He was a man of faith and would often lead us in prayer during driver's meetings if a chaplain was not there. He is at peace with the Lord now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Not really. UTAH was 13-0 that year and Bama wasn't the same Bama that year if I remember correctly. Last football post. Back to Rick Eschelman.
    That doesn't matter to Bama folks.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I got to know Rick a little bit over the last few seasons and I can sum him up like this: he was a fan of everyone in dirt late model racing...every driver, crew member, family member, sponsor, track promoter, fan and of course...four-legged fuzzballs. He was probably the most positive-minded person I've know in this sport hands down and he always made you feel like you were the most important person he would talk to that day. He was a man of faith and would often lead us in prayer during driver's meetings if a chaplain was not there. He is at peace with the Lord now.
    “ and all gods children said , AMEN”.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Here is the link to the live feed of Rick's memorial service starting at 11:30 at Charlotte: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CKISPPlS4

Oiler,

Thanks for posting the link to Rick's tribute. Can't wait to watch it and listen to all the good things that will be said about him. God speed Rick! 🏁

Fast forward to the 32:00 mark. They played his tribute video to open the memorial. I watched it live and the feed cut off about an hour into the service as Rick's son was making his closing remarks.
    Last edited by Oiler; 11-05-2022 at 04:34 AM.

Utah State has never played in the Sugar Bowl.
    My bad, make it Utah.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!