Default Battery recomendation

We have had several 16v batteries fail on us in a short period. They were all the same brand and model. What brand are people having luck with?

I've had 2 or 3 of the XS Power D1600, no issues.

Have had the Braille B169L 16V lithium for years now. Not a single problem, pretty light (9 LB), very strong, very durable and charges quick. Little pricey at $1000 for the battery and charger but you have already lost that much in winnings by having a couple fail.

Default +-

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I've had 2 or 3 of the XS Power D1600, no issues.
    I have had great luck with the XS as well. I recommend them to anyone that is wanting a 16V.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by bcarrot28 View Post
    We have had several 16v batteries fail on us in a short period. They were all the same brand and model. What brand are people having luck with?
    I've had 2 GO Lithium batteries fail in less then a years time from new, is that the one you've had trouble with?

No sir. Wasn't trying to bash any company but we've had 2 xs xp1000 go bad on us, cost us several wins in my opinion. I know the xp is the budget line and we have a s1600 that is still going strong but after xs refused to warranty either of the xp1000 that were within warranty period I have a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by bcarrot28 View Post
    No sir. Wasn't trying to bash any company but we've had 2 xs xp1000 go bad on us, cost us several wins in my opinion. I know the xp is the budget line and we have a s1600 that is still going strong but after xs refused to warranty either of the xp1000 that were within warranty period I have a bad taste in my mouth.
    It's not bashing as long as your honest and realize not everyone has the same results with products. Sometimes things happen and you get bad parts, it's how the company handles it afterwards is what I look for.

I can't say I'm overly impressed with go lithium so far, but I'm not the one dealing with the problem the car owner is. One went bad (either was just within the year warranty or just past it - can't remember now) and we didn't have time to send back and have it checked before we needed to race so we just bought another new one and sent the other off to get replaced or prorated when they got it and inspected. Again memory not that great, but that was months ago but the replacement failed and still getting the run around (somewhat from what owner is telling me - again I'm not involved in any conversations) but last I knew they said they was looking at it and trying to restart the battery.

If all that is true and the battery is only 4 months old, just send me a new battery and the other one they got back 4 months ago at a prorate or replacement and be done with it. We'll see how this turns out and if they make it right or least attempt to.

Keep in mind, 3 batteries been purchased:

2 original batteries
    1 failed - no time to get it inspected for warranty so sent off for warranty anyways
    Purchased another due to time constraints
    latest one failed and was returned
    Still no replacement batteries yet or quoted cost to get them fixed
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 10-13-2022 at 03:48 PM.