Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I like everything about Briggs but yeah. The results speak for themselves. Add up his WoO wins over how many years running the tour? Maybe it's the Busch lites.
    He should probably run a 1 car team and let Max pilot the car.
    I definitely think Boom should send Max out on tour with is dad/crew and he himself should race regionally if he wants to stay behind the wheel.

Okay. Let's assume that Josh is still a top notch driver. With that being the case, when the music stopped, why was Josh without a chair? Shouldn't one of the top 5 drivers in the country be picking his chair first? Shouldn't any of the best teams out there been (like his own father's) been lined up around the block to sign him long before the silly season began?

I hate Josh. No doubt about that. But if there wasn't something tarnished about his brand, he should have signed to a good team last year and been locked up early for 2023. So why is that, boys?

If I was team Rocket, I'd be dumping Erb, putting Rice in the Sellars ride and Josh in at Best.

It's obvious that Josh's fire is gone. He's just racing to race. Which is unfortunate.

Marriage changes a lot of things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    It's obvious that Josh's fire is gone. He's just racing to race. Which is unfortunate.
    So true. As just a fan I don’t follow people’s personal lives. I know things change. I always thought he’d be the next Bloomquist. Doesn’t look that will happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Wonder if Josh's medical issues (I think it was nerve related) a few years back effected his driving ability?
    He had those nerve issues like 10 years ago, he has won a lot since then.

Lets hope that Josh can find his way into a Longhorn and watch his results swing the other way .

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    He had those nerve issues like 10 years ago, he has won a lot since then.
    I just read about this. Could be related overall to him not wanting to rave full seasons.

Flyboy
    That was before he left Rocket2 for Best Performance Motorsports.

"Lets hope that Josh can find his way into a Longhorn and watch his results swing the other way"

Seriously....you know that will never happen. Is your hate for Rocket really that bad??? You have three or four SUPERIOR Horn teams and then the rest. If you broke down all the wins throughout the country, both National & Regional I think Rocket is more than holding their own in 2022. Getting into a Longhorn chassis doesn't solve everyone's problems.

Man I bet Josh and Mark Richards lose a lot of sleep about what’s said on 4M about them…

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    But realistically: if Josh went back to Rocket 1 - could he get it done again in todays world??
    (I am asking this as a serious question)
    This is obviously just my opinion.

Watching josh over the years (not talking his driving) on how he acts during his time at the races, it appears now that he really doesn't care if hes there or not. In recent times if something happened to the car on the track, he would go in the trailer and the crew would hurry to fix the car and you would see no sign of him until the car was fixed and was ready to get back into the car.

I could sight many other things the common fan wouldn't see or notice unless you in the pits and pitted close or next to him. Obviously, I could have just been close to him on certain bad days so my sample size isn't large enough to say I'm 100% correct but it seems that way from my point of view and what I've seen.

I'm not going to guess why that is, but it seems personal reasons or things has changed how bad he wants to race or work at it. Do i think he could still get it done: Yes, but that depends if something changes for him to have the fire to actually want to race again. At this point, I don't think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    FlyboyThat was before he left Rocket2 for Best Performance Motorsports.
    I believe the article said around 2014/2015 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "Lets hope that Josh can find his way into a Longhorn and watch his results swing the other way"Seriously....you know that will never happen. Is your hate for Rocket really that bad??? You have three or four SUPERIOR Horn teams and then the rest. If you broke down all the wins throughout the country, both National & Regional I think Rocket is more than holding their own in 2022. Getting into a Longhorn chassis doesn't solve everyone's problems.
    No hate involved . FACTS , nothing but . . . Sure there are Rocket wins ; There ought to be since they far outnumber the number of cars that they have out there from their model T like assembly line. What would you guess ? Maybe 2/3s of the cars in any given race are Rocket ? ? For numbers alone they should at least be winning in the high paying races that matter the most to any team .

I’ve said that for years…….nobody wants to hear it.

If I had to hazard a guess on what’s racing every weekend in late models…..70 percent rockets, 25 percent longhorn and 5 percent all others combined….strictly a guess but if there was a true number I doubt I’m that far off.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    No hate involved . FACTS , nothing but . . . Sure there are Rocket wins ; There ought to be since they far outnumber the number of cars that they have out there from their model T like assembly line. What would you guess ? Maybe 2/3s of the cars in any given race are Rocket ? ? For numbers alone they should at least be winning in the high paying races that matter the most to any team .
    There is a reason they have 2/3's of the field and it's not because he gives them away or because he has a glowing personality. Over the last 20 years I do not remember a time where Rocket cars were not considered to be one of the top 2 chassis brands.

Let’s also be honest about something. Most of the “best drivers” are in longhorns. Davenport, Overton, win in everything. McCreadie for the most part as well. Most of the best rocket guys right now are still very young, and for some reason nobody gives credit to Madden winning everything in a rocket.

Madden is wound pretty tight but is one of my favorites on the track when he’s out there…..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Other then Capital, Madden has been able to win in every chassis he’s sat in. I think he could even possibly put a Capital out front if he had been running that operation himself.

Capitals have looked fast for a while, they just don't seem to stay fast all 50 or 100 laps.