Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I appreciate your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Mark is the main coug in that wheel.But realistically: if Josh went back to Rocket 1 - could he get it done again in todays world??(I am asking this as a serious question)
    100% he could

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    100% he could
    He couldn't do it without getting punched out though. You know how big of an a55 you have to be for Casey Roberts to punch you? I'm sure he can't help it though. It just runs in the family.

Mark is the main coug in that wheel.
    But realistically: if Josh went back to Rocket 1 - could he get it done again in todays world??
    (I am asking this as a serious question)
    If he ran against a WoO field like they had this year, he could probably finish top 3 in points.

Mark is the main coug in that wheel.
    But realistically: if Josh went back to Rocket 1 - could he get it done again in todays world??
    (I am asking this as a serious question)
    Yep I think he goes back to house car #2 and will run like he did before

Wonder if Josh's medical issues (I think it was nerve related) a few years back effected his driving ability?

How many wins did Boom have this year? Did he have a top 5? On the woo tour to boot. Not exactly a top notch operation there running mid to back of the pack most nights for the past 7 years.

Josh did win the Lucas points after leaving rocket house car. No doubt he can still drive it just helps having the right people around you like anyone else that has success. Not sure why everyone thinks this is a good move for Max. Sure don’t seem like it going to the Briggs program. I think Brent Larson finished ahead of them in points.

I agree with the post above. Maybe a good program if you like your beer, I hear the cooler is always full at Booms trailer. I wouldn’t be guaranteeing Max any wins next year, even on the woo tour as it is now.

This move makes my head hurt. Time will tell I guess. As for Josh, I said it when they announced Hudson was going to the house car. Josh will be in the 71. If not, I also said he was running out of rides. Does Josh even work at Rocket any longer or ???

Max is a racer who is used to racing his own stuff. Did he have some genius at Viper, getting him what he got? I don't believe that's the case. Therefore, he can run just the same for another team with adequate engines and adequate race cars. I don't see where he suddenly finds himself at any real disadvantage compared to what he's done most of his racing career.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

MB, I agree, Max is a racer. Keeps out of trouble and saves the car till the end. He and his dad Rob I'm sure are the guys that keep him running up front. When the viper deal first went down it was housed out of there shop in PA. They have also been loyal followers of rocket chassis. It would not have shocked me if they had announced Max was going to rocket 1.

Dirtcrazy4u

Josh hasn’t worked at Rocket in years. He has lived in Ohio since he got married.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Roger Sellers / Double Down Motorsports still open for 2023, could they land Josh Richards?
    Owens to Sellers /Double Down Motorsports

Put Josh in the right situation and he's a top 5 driver. You goobers don't realize it's just as much about the people in place surrounding you. The Bowyer and Briggs ride have never set the world on fire. Why do many forget Josh won the Lucas title after leaving Rocket1?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Put Josh in the right situation and he's a top 5 driver. You goobers don't realize it's just as much about the people in place surrounding you. The Bowyer and Briggs ride have never set the world on fire. Why do many forget Josh won the Lucas title after leaving Rocket1?
    170 SLM wins including 3 wins in a 24 hour period. Josh can race. I don’t know if he still wants to race but if he does I’d think running a 15 race season with his own stuff might be an option if he truly just wants to run part time.

Flyboy
    In his on stuff??
    He had no cars, hauler, equipment or personal.
    To acquire this for 15 races????

FlyboyIn his on stuff??He had no cars, hauler, equipment or personal.To acquire this for 15 races????
    True. It’s an idea for him if in fact what you folks are saying is true. Definitely easier said than done. Yes. I’d think he could round up equipment given who he is and the talent he has.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yep I think he goes back to house car #2 and will run like he did before
    If he ends up in a #2 Rocket house car, it won't be on a tour. Would maybe be special events, but I still don't see it happening.

Comparing Boom's results shouldn't be the measuring stick for the team. By most accounts Boom is a good guy, but we all know he's not a podium finisher. The operation as a whole has great equipment and good people behind it. Adding Robbie Blair to the fold only makes it that much better. I don't know how much input Chub still has on the team (maybe he stays out of it?) but if he does, that's a hell of a lot of combined experience and Max already has hundreds of local and regional wins of his own experience.

Maybe they will struggle, but I'd bet against that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadtoPennsboro View Post
    Comparing Boom's results shouldn't be the measuring stick for the team. By most accounts Boom is a good guy, but we all know he's not a podium finisher.
    I like everything about Briggs but yeah. The results speak for themselves. Add up his WoO wins over how many years running the tour? Maybe it's the Busch lites.
    He should probably run a 1 car team and let Max pilot the car.
    8/13/16