Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FLO Broadcasting

Anybody else getting disgusted with all the commercials and studio time on FLO? Not to mention the drone view really sucks. Man, I thought MAV was bad.

What do you want to watch, pack trucks or perhaps an empty track?

Drone view is awesome and they have really good announcers. Yep. Commercials suck.

Dude, MAVTV WAS bad. At least I've never had to wait three days for tech support help and miss a buinch of races with FLO.

Feature done at 9. What more do you want?

The drone view is awesome. What's not to like? Commercials pay for this broadcast. Who cares about a little studio time. Announcers are real dirt fans. Feature started exactly at 9pm eastern time! That's what to like!

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Anybody else getting disgusted with all the commercials and studio time on FLO? Not to mention the drone view really sucks. Man, I thought MAV was bad.
    Hey Patansplant, wanna see an internet douchebag??

Look in a mirror.

Pee-poor complaint if you ask me. Hope he doesn’t watch Nascrap!

Flo is 100x better than mav tv

The announcers made it sound like a good race 2nd on back, but we'll never know because the flo screen stayed on Owens for 48 of 50 laps while up by 4 seconds.

Agree with that. I guess the production truck team can't figure it out to tell the camera man to pan where the racing is to compliment the announcers. Instead, we see a runaway win. Randy Weaver is always entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    You could have opted to watch the baseball playoff games instead.

Randy Weaver is what saves that on air team. Ben Shelton running his mouth that he was going to buy a owens throw back tee of his first modified. Ya right, your tighter than sealed a**hole.

People running the cameras either need a spotter to tell them where a battle is happening, or follow the announcers lead on what to show.

I will agree that the Flo camera guys do miss a lot of battles. They missed Madden passing Marlar for second among others, but I'm not going to complain about it too much. Like someone above stated, you could be watching playoff baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Randy Weaver is what saves that on air team. Ben Shelton running his mouth that he was going to buy a owens throw back tee of his first modified. Ya right, your tighter than sealed a**hole.
    Shelton is the color announcer (ie.. he is supposed to liven up the broadcast). He does a good job and we need young folks like him that love this sport

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Soooooo annoying, why does everything have to be funny (even when it clearly is not!)?

When someone rattled off Eli Beets' karting accomplishments Ben had to try and make it about him and DJ by saying it sounds like DJ's resume...not even remotely funny! How about giving the kid some praise and air time to talk about his 100s of Karting wins? Or better yet, instead of posting pics on social of yourself go do a segment on Eli as fillers instead of the same worn out Rocket Chassis commercial (because we all need a Rocket for a our daily driver!!).

And yes I am a paying customer so I can voice my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Soooooo annoying, why does everything have to be funny (even when it clearly is not!)? When someone rattled off Eli Beets' karting accomplishments Ben had to try and make it about him and DJ by saying it sounds like DJ's resume...not even remotely funny! How about giving the kid some praise and air time to talk about his 100s of Karting wins? Or better yet, instead of posting pics on social of yourself go do a segment on Eli as fillers instead of the same worn out Rocket Chassis commercial (because we all need a Rocket for a our daily driver!!). And yes I am a paying customer so I can voice my opinion!
    Does an NFL announcer mention an offensive lineman and their history? No.. because it’s not exciting. Go kart wins are not exciting to the average SLM fan.

You missed the point, Tell the story and leave the smarta$$ lame comments go.

How can the avg fan NOT want to hear the history of how this 18 year got to where he is at tonight?

Not everyone wants to listen to Mark Richards, Bobby, Sheppy and Terbo talk all the time!

The camera work is a head scratcher. Shouldn’t be tough to show the battles. I also don’t think we need those weird camera angles as well. If they just showed the whole race from the main camera on the front stretch I’d be fine with that.

My main gripe is with the downtime or dead air. It amazes me they can’t find a way to fill that time with news, interviews or backstories. A lot of different stories out there to tell but they just show the people in the grandstands and there’s no commentary it’s just dead silence lol