Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LonghornRT

You are correct- I forgot about Scott/Madden burying the hatchet. But it didn’t last long. Chris racked up a lot of wins over the years in a Bloomer Chasis.

Long time Owens fan, and I'm beyond over the green & ghost look Owens has had forever. He needs a new scheme and assume that would come in the Sellers rise. Go Jimmy!

Would be nice to see Sellers go to a Bloomquist chassis with Jimmy. Not running for Scott and TeamZero, but just the chassis with extra money thrown in for more technical support. Sort of in between a customer and a house car set up. With all being from East Tennessee, would be nice to see, and would work out logistically

Great observation!
    That would be cool to see- don’t forget Shane McDowell operates out of Mooresburg/ Bloomquist headquarters.
    Roger fielded Longhorns for Shannon Buckingham before switching to Rocket when Huddy came on board. So he may not be Chasis loyal as soon might think.He has used Vic Hill engines in the past -but presently all Cornett power plants.
    Jimmy uses Vic Hill engines compliments of Reece Monument.
    I would personally like to see Jimmy hook up with Sellers because it would take the burden off Jimmy as far as paying the bills and running a race team.
    On the other hand : Roger seems to be committed to Lucas Tour and Jimmy has always called his own shots as far as where/when he races. Roger has the equipment/shop/ employees to be successful- Jimmy has the talent/set-up knowledge and a very large fan base- not to mention he has Reece Monument $$ and probably red line oil and Tim Short Auto Group.

I guess the big question is: Does Roger continue with his program and what direction does he go?
    Lots of $$ being tossed around to him for several options.

Crownman25 with post # 21 is probably spot on. Should disappoint a few folks.
    8/13/16

Jimmy is “someone locally”….the other question I have is this, other than Smoky Mountain Speedway, what businesses does Sellers now own with which to sponsor racers? Don’t get me wrong, I know he’s got plenty of money to “sponsor” someone out of pocket, but would he continue to rely on his relationship with LazyDays to help sponsor his teams and drivers?

Roger owns several rental properties/ related businesses. He sold his RV dealership “Tennessee Rv’s” to Lazy Days. He still owns the massive complex property and leases it to Lazy Days. Very large building, showroom, service center with several acres of property. I would imagine this rent is very high dollar. It’s all first class right on I-40 between Knoxville and Sevierville.
    ( Strawberry Plains exit)

I heard he (Sellars) wants to be involved with Hudson and the Rocket1 team as sponsorship.

Mark Richards made that statement when everything came down about driverchanges.

Good podcast (The Layover Flag) with Roger as the guest....Lots of topics and answers were given, but some others were not answered.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000581079553

Josh thanks for the info I didn't see that and probably not to smart of him but, it's his life.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    You could tell Jimmy was a bit emotional in Victory Lane the other night at 411, especially when he spoke about Leon Ramirez...lead me to think the team was shutting down after the season.
    I was thinking the same thing

I agree with the owens pic. It was mentioned there moving over to team rocket with Hudson. I see the sellers ride back on the lucas tour with non other than josh richards in the seat. I think it's a mistake, but that's what I see happening.

Jimmy could bring Reece dollars with him, and I think to scott's car would be a good fit. Only if the team is run out of Jimmy's shop. If it would stay in scott's house it wold bE the on going train wreck. Scott thinks he still has it. Did you watch his heat race last night ?

Josh has offers from 2 different sponsors that is well known in dirt racing, Now its up to him to decide which team to bring the sponsors to or we may see a new team owner.

Would that be BRS!

I’m not a Josh Richards fan, but I would like to see him remain in the sport and be competitive again. But I would hate to see him go to DoubleDown…Sellers and company deserves better than to be pigeon-holed into putting Richards in the seat.

Rumors of some retirements.