Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will JD dominate 2023

Recent history with hot drivers says maybe not but it sure looks like he will continue to dominate next year and beyond

Like most in dlm history, they have that kinda success only with one car!

When it gets re-clipped, they return to normalcy!

I think he will continue it 2023, right now who can beat him?
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

2023 will be the beginning of the Hudson O'Neal, jumping starts and driving over everyone era.

I doubt he wins as much next year. The dominant driver changes from year to year, and then the next year, they still win, but not at the rate they did the year before.

It’ll circle back to being Davenport at sine point in the future, though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Got to remember Davenport/TMac have Kevin Rumley in their corner.

A better question is will the top echelon teams continue to pull away or will others be able to reel them in?

By top echelon I mean Davenport, Madden, Overton mainly. T-Mac, Marler and few others are right there close. Leaving Sheppard and Rocket1 out for now due to their new arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    I think he will continue it 2023, right now who can beat him?
    Look at jds finishes there not all 1st so someone's beating him at times

Drivers hate it, but as a fan I'd like a 3-4 car heat race invert with 10-12 lap heats. It'd be interesting to see the rate of heat wins from the front row in all the touring series. it would make the heat races a hell of a lot more entertaining and might level the field some.

This year it's JD, last year Overton, couple years back Shepp had 2 great years, and just before that it was JD. That killer year is possible for any of the half dozen well funded teams.

That was one of Mark Richards complaint for leaving WIO for Lucas- re-draw.

I am surprised no one has mentioned most series cutting heat races to 8 laps.
    Like this past week at 411- short track- 8 laps??

I don't mind inverts in heats, but if you invert, you owe it to the drivers to run more laps. Penalizing them twice isn't a fair way to do it. I think if you invert the top 4, run 12 lap heats.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    That was one of Mark Richards complaint for leaving WIO for Lucas- re-draw.

I am surprised no one has mentioned most series cutting heat races to 8 laps.
    Like this past week at 411- short track- 8 laps??
    I mentioned this before. 8 lap heat races is a punch in the face for race fans. I understand the tire concerns, etc. I believe there were 8 lap heat races in many of the bigger Lucas oil races as well. GA prices keep going up and race laps keep getting cut. I don’t mind to pay steep GA prices if I get my moneys worth.

Pennsboro

Spot on! I assume the shortened heat races were to save the drivers $$ and maybe because they have to use the same tires for the feature. But bottom line: Spectators are getting screwed.
    I’m not a big fan of inverts but because of aero something needs to change for better racing. To many heat races and features just look like glorified hot laps: especially on the bigger tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    2023 will be the beginning of the Hudson O'Neal, jumping starts and driving over everyone era.
    You have a big time fetish with the “Rocket” team

I'd say almost certainly no. You can just about guarantee there will be a significant rule change, personnel change, or similar that will derail the streak he's on.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Flyboy
    You need to te-read post #4- that’s not pro-Rocket.

I mentioned this before. 8 lap heat races is a punch in the face for race fans. I understand the tire concerns, etc. I believe there were 8 lap heat races in many of the bigger Lucas oil races as well. GA prices keep going up and race laps keep getting cut. I don’t mind to pay steep GA prices if I get my moneys worth.
    I've been talking about this for a while. Fans are getting less racing for more money. I miss the days of 12-lap heat races and 15-lap consolation races.

I'd say almost certainly no. You can just about guarantee there will be a significant rule change, personnel change, or similar that will derail the streak he's on.
    One of those is a certainty.

I know. He must have a hate fetish with Rocket. 😂 I think JD will dominate next year.

With the new NLMT coming next season, fair to say all teams…big time or not, will be adjusting. Will be interesting to see which team(s) leave Florida in February with their tires dialed in above and beyond the rest of the pack.