Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just another set fast time win your heat start on the pole and lead every lap if they don't start working race tracks and taking care of them people are going to quit going I went to dirt track races for 50 years now I hardly ever go because it's follow the leader an they want to run 7 8 9 or even 10 classes and wear out the track.

I didn't watch but how was the non qualifier race?
    8/13/16

Bloomquist told Smith it would lock down on the bottom, so just hold your line and don't try passing any lapped cars.

Very good article on DOD today about this.

After lap 30 of DTWC feature the racing sucked remaining races. I wonder if track would been different had they not spent over hour working surface for feature.

Congrats to Garrett Smith! It is cool to see a new winner in a big tour race so good for him. He did exactly what he had to do.

But that race. It stunk and it ain't his fault. The only real movement through the field was due to tire failures. Races like this expose a lot of what's wrong right now with dirt super racing (out front aero advantage and questionable tracks that just don't race well). The super race was won from the pole and so was the steel block race. Oh well, it has been happening all over.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I’d honestly like to see it back in WV.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Bloomquist told Smith it would lock down on the bottom, so just hold your line and don't try passing any lapped cars.
    So he told him something literally EVERYONE there already knew? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) he's a genius.

Yeah, a blind man knows what you gotta do at Portsmouth to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    So he told him something literally EVERYONE there already knew? (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) he's a genius.
    Too bad that genius didn’t translate to his own performance. He didn’t qualify poorly but he struggled in his heat and only turned three laps in his B main. The t-shirt truck had a better weekend, again.

Scott has "been there and done that" so I think it's cool that he was willing to help the youngster out.

I just had to laugh that someone thought this was some huge surprise and Scott gave him some secret information or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I'm living in your head rent free. Did you take that Midol yet?

Would WVMS be better? I think with new clay, actual clay and not just dirt, and more banking Portsmouth could be redeemed. If they don’t plan on making any effort, then you have to move it

The racing at the historic 100 this June was way better than this past weekend at PRP. That’s a fact.

Like someone said, a change in the banking with it being higher at the top and a bunch of real clay would help greatly to this fine race track. It is still one of my top favorite tracks to go to. And at it''s best Lawrenceburg isn't near as good. In fact, I have never seen good late model racing at the Burg except for some early heat races.

River floods always seem to delute the surface with some sand when it floods.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Like someone said, a change in the banking with it being higher at the top and a bunch of real clay would help greatly to this fine race track. It is still one of my top favorite tracks to go to. And at it''s best Lawrenceburg isn't near as good. In fact, I have never seen good late model racing at the Burg except for some early heat races.River floods always seem to delute the surface with some sand when it floods.
    You are right on point with that .

Moving it to WVMS would be ok for maybe 20 guys. It would probably allow a few more hot dogs to be sold while they dug Freddie Carpenter and other guys connecting rods out of the front stretch during a yellow flag.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Hahaahaahhaa, how about some throttle control and gearing up if needed???
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

It's hard to believe it's been twenty years ago that the DTWC was at Bardstown. Time sure flies.
    Formerly 66#1

Yes it does- that was a wet-sloppy mess too!