Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 68 Lucas Oil Late Models at Portsmouth tonight

Live on MAVTV on FloRacing

Sweet car count

ok! ok ok ok ok ok cool beans
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

If you rank the dirt tracks in America 1-400 by good quality racing, I think 95% of the Lucas schedule is made up of tracks ranked 350-400.

Portsmouth has to be about 399, while Cherokee is 400.

One meaningful pass in six heat races — Huddy got JD in 3 and 4 on the last lap of Heat 5 — and the Flo cameras missed it so we could watch the top two run single file to the checkers.

Yea the racing pretty much stunk. B Shepp ran in on Marlar going into 1 I believe and the car immediately pushed. It's the same every time they hit the track. Unless there is 2 distinct grooves it is was today's racing is all about. Give the trophy and the check to t-mac.

If it is to be as 1 laned up for the feature as it was during the heats then it should or could be a cakewalk for pole sitter Garrett Smith ?

Excellent facility but terrible race track. I don’t get to worked up about the heat races but the feature determines more so if I will go back to a track. I haven’t been back to Portsmouth for years now. If they would move it back to atomic or try lawrenceburg again I would go.

The heats were just awful. I considered going back here as I had not been in a few years. Glad I didn’t.

Racing wasn’t very good tonight, but the ribber was great. Hell may go back there for dinner tonight and skip the race.

PRP is definitely one of the worst racetracks in the country.

A lot of the races this year was not that good to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    If you rank the dirt tracks in America 1-400 by good quality racing, I think 95% of the Lucas schedule is made up of tracks ranked 350-400.

Portsmouth has to be about 399, while Cherokee is 400.
    I thought the Legends cars racing was good. Maybe its the cars and not the track?

Remember when Sheppy came from 21st to win. Im convinced its the current cars and format that makes for this sh!ttie racing.

BUT....BUT.....Carl will keep having the race because 215 total cars showed up and a strong crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I thought the Legends cars racing was good. Maybe its the cars and not the track?

Remember when Sheppy came from 21st to win. Im convinced its the current cars and format that makes for this sh!ttie racing.

BUT....BUT.....Carl will keep having the race because 215 total cars showed up and a strong crowd.
    Think Sheppy came from 12th to win. Every post is essentially correct. We have been to every Portsmouth DTWC and unless something miraculous happens tonight this is our last. The racing sucks, the bean field campground is awful, etc., etc.

Pennsboro

Was that your first time to The Ribber?
    Ribeye or Sirloin??

Actually the last two heats were fairly entertaining. No passing for the lead but plenty for other positions. It is a shame the track didn't come in until then. However I think the track prep itself was pretty good. If it is as good as it ended up last night, at least the second half of the feature should be entertaining. Looking forward to it.

Agreed, the racing was not that great.

I just wish the cameraman would pan out, so we can see the racing throughout the field. This is not NASCAR on mile and half tracks. I would rather see the racing throughout the field than close up shots of two cars following each other.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Pennsboro

Was that your first time to The Ribber?
    Ribeye or Sirloin??
    No I’ve been several times. Excellent food. Ribeye!

I’m with BigDaddy84 on this one. This year is the first year I haven’t come back. The track just doesn’t put forth good racing. Move it to Lawrenceburg and i will go back, otherwise Carl has got my last nickel.

Is Portsmouth a great race track? NO

Is Portsmouth a single file track? NO

It's somewhere in the middle.

Stands packed, parking packed, camping packed, huge car counts, Why would Carl Short move the race?