Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He’s not!
    End of story.

If the track doesn't produce good racing tonight, it's not from lack of effort.
    8/13/16

They could work on that place for 3 hours and it would still be an embarrassment to dirt racing.

Terrible, even worse being the Lucas finale! At least this crap isn't deciding the Championship!

I had fun watching RTJ make a race of it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Absolutely terrible race. What a joke.

Congrats to Garrett Smith. Definitely not his fault the race wasn't very good but, he stayed poised and really didn't make any mistakes and was able to keep it in on the bottom for the win.

Only good thing about that race was that young man's right rear held out. Good for him.
    They dikd with the track forever pre race and that's the results? Pathetic.
    8/13/16

Yawnfest! How many no pass, pole sitter leading every lap features did Lucas have this year. It sure seemed like more than normal.

Tiregate!!! Can't remember the last time I saw that many flats. Did the Purple Mafia buy out the backroom at Pep Boys' to supply that race? What an embarrassment.

Davenport went nowhere yet ends up the Hard Charger when at least 7 in front of him had flats. Garrett Smith was impressive in a stellar field and was all that kept me from switching over to a Sprint car race.

I don’t know why everyone keeps crying about this race. It happens every year.

Bardstown rubbered up, pennsboro rubbered up, atomic rubbered up, Portsmouth rubbers up, and if I’m not mistaken, Lawrenceburg did too.

I like to see a race decided by luck, but this happens just about every year for this event. Lucas needs to ditch it and do something else.

I've been to the DTWC at Portsmouth 4 times and love everything about the place, cool nip in the air this time of year makes the atmosphere very exciting, all the campers with the smell of food in the air reminds me of a big football game tailgating, great concession food, nice facility layout and decent parking..... right up until the racing starts....and it's all just a big waste. Haven't been for the last 3 years and won't go back, 5 hour drive for me.

Went to Pennsboro once in '92, and don't want to go again until it makes it to a track that can hold up to the race's once-fantastic reputation. Please get this race moved.

For being 19, he held up well after how many yellow flags ? I'm tired of hearing about tires and it's the reason races have been cut short. Set your car up correctly and learn how to save your tires and guess what ? They last 100 laps. New 2023 rule, if it's the last ten laps of the race and you blow a tire, head for your trailer. I was waiting for Garrett to lose that race because of the yellows but he did a great job. Congrats young man. You also showed that those rockets set up correctly can still run with those horns. Many dislike Mallory, he is a circus show in himself, but the guy can set a car up.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    For being 19, he held up well after how many yellow flags ? I'm tired of hearing about tires and it's the reason races have been cut short. Set your car up correctly and learn how to save your tires and guess what ? They last 100 laps. New 2023 rule, if it's the last ten laps of the race and you blow a tire, head for your trailer. I was waiting for Garrett to lose that race because of the yellows but he did a great job. Congrats young man. You also showed that those rockets set up correctly can still run with those horns. Many dislike Mallory, he is a circus show in himself, but the guy can set a car up.
    I believe every single caution was for a car slowing down. It is unprofessional to say the least.

On a positive note, that PRP announcer is great.
    Last edited by jr29; 10-16-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Garrett and Cody were at Team Zero headquarters all week, I do know that. . I read on twitter that they are gonna race out of Bloomquists shop 2023 and Cody is gonna oversee both cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Only good thing about that race was that young man's right rear held out. Good for him. They dikd with the track forever pre race and that's the results? Pathetic.
    ^ True That ! ! Nobody could attribute this race being won due to " clean air " especially if a car couldn't make any passes to get to the clean air ! !

Post 36
    That could be right- I don’t know. Cody has a small shop about 3 -4 miles from the Bloomquist compound. He’s had it since his short stint with Bobby Pierce. He/Garrett have used it a lot - just depends on where they are racing.

So… Garrett is a Bloomquist protege. It’s all makin sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Only good thing about that race was that young man's right rear held out. Good for him.
    They dikd with the track forever pre race and that's the results? Pathetic.
    Cody's special sauce strikes again!