Thread: Ndlmhof

Default Ndlmhof

I missed it, who are the 2023 inductees? James Essex said last night there was some big news regarding the HOF?

Nice to see Rick Egersdorf inducted into the Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame.

Classes are starting to get pretty weak

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Classes are starting to get pretty weak
    I've thought that for years. Not being in the hall of fame doesn't mean someone didn't have a great career. Most of these racers had really good, even great regional careers. They belong in a regional hall of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I've thought that for years. Not being in the hall of fame doesn't mean someone didn't have a great career. Most of these racers had really good, even great regional careers. They belong in a regional hall of fame.
    oh boy you just pi$$ed of the Jackie Mafia!

Jackie Boggs is one of the few drivers to win STARS, Hav a Tampa, Lucas Oil, and World of Outlaw races. That counts for something. He was a regional racer, but won at Volusia and Eastbay when they were pulling 100 cars. Get off your high horse

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Jackie Boggs is one of the few drivers to win STARS, Hav a Tampa, Lucas Oil, and World of Outlaw races. That counts for something. He was a regional racer, but won at Volusia and Eastbay when they were pulling 100 cars. Get off your high horse
    If you're referring to my post I suppose it's worth saying that Boggs wasn't top of mind for me.

My all time late model heroes are regional racers. I'm not sure any of them belong in the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame. I don't think any more or less of them regardless of their HoF status.

Decent Class

Drivers
    Booper Bare - Rockbridge Baths, Virgina
    Jackie Boggs - Grayson, Kentucky
    Mike Boland - Cuba, Alabama
    Rick Egersdorf - Lake Elmo, Minnesota
    Randy Korte - Highland, Illinois

Contributors
    Ozzie Altman - Hav-A-Tampa Announcer
    Gary Oliver - Had Success with Hall Of Famer Mike DuVall
    Ernie Elkins - Former Cherokee Promoter
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    If you're referring to my post I suppose it's worth saying that Boggs wasn't top of mind for me.

My all time late model heroes are regional racers. I'm not sure any of them belong in the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame. I don't think any more or less of them regardless of their HoF status.
    I get it, everyone looks at it like the NFL hall of fame, because it should be the best of the best. But man idk every one of those guys dedicated their lives to this sport. I knew Jackie and was a longtime fan, so obviously that didn’t sit well with me, but I understand what you’re saying

All good, Drop Shock. Your NFL comparison is appropriate. I'd like to see it more like the MLB HoF and less like the NFL or Rock and Roll HoF. IMO, the latter have very little credibility left. The MLB HoF is kind of a pretentious, snobby institution, but the members are overwhelmingly the best of the best.

Wasnt there supposed to be a building upgrade? I thought when Gerald Newton took over that he had a plan to make the HOF bigger?

I finally saw it at the north south this year and I agree it definitely needs a much bigger building it appears they’re pretty much running out of room but it’s still cool to see