Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garrett Smith

Congrats to Garrett and team!

You could see throughout the summer, they were getting better and better!

Well done on Bloomers part for showing how to race on that those track conditions. He also said Garrett and Cody had been to his shop recently........hmmmm!

He’s been fast all summer just out of control at times. Future looks bright.

Kid keeps getting better. He impressed me last year at the world finals.

Great to see that young man win. I think Bloomer had or was coaching him. Anyway, another wire to wire win was not that exciting, but since it was this nice young man. Great for racing

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Congrats to Garrett and team!

You could see throughout the summer, they were getting better and better!

Well done on Bloomers part for showing how to race on that those track conditions. He also said Garrett and Cody had been to his shop recently........hmmmm!
    I hope the kid doesn't pick up any of there bad habits and just learns about racing and setups and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Is Mallory still helping him? If yes, we can hazard a guess why he is so fast.
    Instead of saying " Drive it like you stole it " Malory may or may not have said " Drive it like the delinquency officers are trying to serve a warrant on you " ? ?

Not doubting you, Pennsboro — you’re a good dude — but when has he been out of control? Maybe I missed something, but I think I’ve watched most of his races this year, either in person or on TV. For his age, he seems very smooth and poised. Maybe it’s just the Georgia bias I’ve adopted since moving here in 2014, but this kid seems legit in every way.

Does anyone know where the family (dad’s) money comes from??

Pennsboro last week went from “ he’s hit everything but the pace truck this year “ in the tri county thread to now he’s only “ out of control at times, bright future “ Awesome to see Garrett get a big win and change peoples opinions of him in a weeks time
    Last edited by Thedoctor; 10-17-2022 at 02:33 PM.

I’m not a giant Cody fan but it is cool that the youngster won…..and had enough style and class to thank the goat for the solid advice.

I can’t wait for the actual finish to the race here in a few days, smfh.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

He has been busted before on tires with WoO so you could be right!

However, I was glad to see him win. Having lost my mom to breast cancer few years back, really appreciated his paint scheme and all that.

Doctor, he has hit everything but the pace truck this season. That doesn’t mean his future isn’t bright. He’s been fast just wild. Doesn’t take a genius to understand what I meant.

Garrett’s grand dad on his dad’s side founded TMC (Terminal Maintenance & Construction) which you see plastered on the cars. That’s where the bulk of the money came from.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 10-17-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks Westherman

As I recall watching on Floracing, Smith and Carson Ferguson traded a couple (dirty) sliders at one of the southern nationals (I think) races this summer. Forgive me for not being able to recall which it was, I just remember thinking to myself at that time that Garrett drove Ferguson pretty rough. Was a great win for him. And say what you want about Cody in his personal life, but he can turn a wrench. On another note, PRP is terrible and this race needs a new home.

Bloomer showed this kid were to put his car. The 1 lane freight train came in and it was over. I do give a 19 yr old a lot of credit for lasting 100 laps and the pressure not getting to him. Getting into the corner 1 time to hard and they would have passed him like a freight train. Yea say what you want about cody, and yes he brings it all on himself, but the guy is good, real good. He has a impressive list of drivers he has taken to wins and championships.

Mallory a worthless P.O.S. Anyone who steals from a race team has no business in the sport.
    That impressive list of drivers? They were at the top winning races long before the low life showed up. Give it time. He'll be out the door before you know it.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Mallory a worthless P.O.S. Anyone who steals from a race team has no business in the sport. That impressive list of drivers? They were at the top winning races long before the low life showed up. Give it time. He'll be out the door before you know it.
    It sounds like he changes jobs as often as some people change their underwear ? ? I suppose he demands to be paid in cash so that the Domestic Relations Department cant garnish his wages ? ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 10-18-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Yes he usually doesn't last very long with a team but he's gotten everyone in victory circle though

He sounds like he could be a good fit for Tyler Erb ?