Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dtwc 2023??

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Might as well take to brushcreek, heck run on original configuration.

Please explain to me how today's safer cars are not safe to race in rough conditions
    Late models are still not particularly safe to roll. In the old days, they didn't have enough grip or dynamic cg height to roll.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Hows about starting these One Lane Freight Train races Moto Cross style where all of the cars line up side by side and then all race to the first corner at the same time ? It might be more entertaining than knowing ahead of time that whosoever runs the quick lap that puts them on the pole of the first heat race is going to ease their way into a win in the heat and the feature event ! !

Agreed MB but the theory they can't race on fast or choppy surfaces is bs. The ones adjusting for conditions are fast the one's not are tearing up noses. The cars and setups have dedicated themselves to slick smooth surfaces. Dirt racing is the best cause thru the night and track to track things change. So many think track has to be x,y z

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Prp can race race good if it's had way too much water on it. The problem with it then is, it gets rough and dangerous. For a mid sized track, that place holds its own when it comes to speed. Today's cars are not meant to be raced on rough tracks at the speed they carry there.
    Sounds like a dirt problem. I know the composition of dirt is different everywhere you go. I'm glad you recognized it as a midsized track.
    8/13/16

If you have my racepass you can go look at the lineups and results.That will give you a good guess at the weekly shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Sounds like a dirt problem. I know the composition of dirt is different everywhere you go. I'm glad you recognized it as a midsized track.
    The soil is the main problem there IMO, it's basically silt. It's not the ideal surface for any kind of racing. The surface sucks, and the banking shelf's off about midway up the track.

Id like to see them shove the tires out when it does that. It may not help anything, but I don't know how it could make it any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The soil is the main problem there IMO, it's basically silt. It's not the ideal surface for any kind of racing. The surface sucks, and the banking shelf's off about midway up the track.

Id like to see them shove the tires out when it does that. It may not help anything, but I don't know how it could make it any worse.
    I can't get much worse than the other night. That I do know so, you do make a good point

Move it to Atomic for sure. Florence would be great but I don't know if that would be in the cards. Wire to wire winning is really getting boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Move it to Atomic for sure. Florence would be great but I don't know if that would be in the cards. Wire to wire winning is really getting boring.
    From what I've seen of the racing out that way, the 2 tracks you mentioned seem to produce the best racing. Either would be a great choice.
    8/13/16

Lawrenceburg had the worst case scenario of having to run a day race in sunny, freezing temps. And it was still a better race than Portsmouth has been putting on.

But until the current promoter leaves the Burg (fingers crossed its coming), you can forget about it coming back.

Might as well bring it back to Pennsboro in 2024.