Default Right Rear Bar Setup

I recently saw a car with bars on right rear with one going forward to chassis and one going back towards rear of car, What are the advantages/Disadvantages of this setup? Or maybe not so much Advantages but what are we trying to accomplish? Also, The "S" shaped top bar on Left Rear, Is this a different way of accomplishing "Zero Index" with lots of thrust angle?

Sounds like you was looking at a domination chassis but if not the right rear you was looking at is a z-link (shock & spring mounted onto birdcage). If shock & spring mounted on front arm it'd be swing arm. Top bar probably a clearance issue deal but without seeing hard to say

No it wasn't a Domination. There a very few of those around here. But Shock and spring was on birdcage, It wasnt a Swing arm. Top Bar wasn't a clearance issue as far as chassis components. At full droop birdcage was standing straight up and down. I do think it was bent like that for clearance in birdcage because it came into chassis more vertical than normal and into birdcage more flat. Like it came out of cage on rear end fairly flat, bent upward quite a bit and slight offset at top to get into 4 bar plate but I don't know that the car reacts any different than a bar that length in a straight line? It was interesting and wish I would have got some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by LateModelC View Post
    No it wasn't a Domination. There a very few of those around here. But Shock and spring was on birdcage, It wasnt a Swing arm. Top Bar wasn't a clearance issue as far as chassis components. At full droop birdcage was standing straight up and down. I do think it was bent like that for clearance in birdcage because it came into chassis more vertical than normal and into birdcage more flat. Like it came out of cage on rear end fairly flat, bent upward quite a bit and slight offset at top to get into 4 bar plate but I don't know that the car reacts any different than a bar that length in a straight line? It was interesting and wish I would have got some pictures.
    It won't behave any differently unless it's weak enough that the bend acts like a spring. Being bent is actually against the rules for that reason.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

the ? is was is winning?

this use to be good in the south z link rr 4 bar lr...ole weaver liked it at times....

It is a z link setup on the right rear. It can do several things depending on the track conditions and your desired outcome. Rear steer, rr timing, etc... It used to be popular in modifieds, especially with the clamped lr setup.

With description of bar, all I can figure would be more droop on lr upper bar without using longer bar bar to get desired effect if not clearance issue. Longer upper rocks top cage back past desired location but that'd mean longer lower too unless some sort bolt on bracket or indexing. There's definitely reason/ purpose but without seeing whole setup it's all speculation