Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Brandon Sheppard Racing joins forces with Riggs Motorsports

Per FB:

Excited for the next chapter in my career and ready to put the work in. Can't thank Scott and Jason Riggs enough for their partnership in this joint-venture as we work to build a team that competes at the highest level of Dirt Super Late Model racing. I feel like it took a lot of years of grinding and a lot of great people who helped me get to this point, and for you all I am forever grateful. And most importantly, I'm appreciative for my entire family who have supported me through this whole process. Dad, Grandpa, my Wife Mikala, Jase, Addison, Baylor...love you all. All family, all in. 💪🏻🤘🏼

Lots of big announcements and more details to come, including updates on the new facility we are building here in Berlin, but for now check out the full release below. ⬇️

𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦 ‘𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠’ 𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟓.

4-𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑶𝒖𝒕𝒍𝒂𝒘 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝑩𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒅, 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒕 ‘𝑩5’ 𝒂𝒔 𝑪𝒐- 𝑶𝒘𝒏𝒆𝒓/𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝑱𝒓., 𝑱𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒔.

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍, 𝐈𝐋 (𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎, 𝟐𝟎𝟐&#120784 - After the conclusion of last weekend’s Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Dirt Track World Championships and a historic run as the Rocket1 House Car Driver, Brandon Sheppard and Scott Riggs announced today the formation of a joint-ownership venture between Riggs Motorsports and Sheppard Racing which will carry a 4-car stable through the end of the 2025 season.

Following Sheppard’s September announcement to vacate his seat as Driver for the iconic Mark Richards Racing Rocket1 entry, Brandon, his Father, Steve Jr., and Grandfather, Steve Sr., began forming a strategy to compete on a full series circuit in 2023.

“Honestly, the week the press release came out to announce I was coming back home to drive was super chaotic.” said Sheppard. “The fan and family support was incredible, but at the same time I knew it was a big business opportunity because of the number of phone calls that came from inside the industry wondering if and how they could be involved. When you’ve worked with the best – guys like Mark [Richards] and Steve [Baker] and the Rocket1 team, I think people are excited to jump onboard and support knowing you have high expectations to continue to win at the highest level.”

In the weeks following his announcement, and as conversations between the Sheppard’s and outside teams continued to evolve, one of those race teams who saw an opportunity to transcend beyond a ‘driver-for-hire’ relationship was Riggs Motorsports Owner, Scott Riggs. “When Brandon announced his desire to race from home because of his family, Jason and I began talking about combining resources to give both teams a better shot at what it takes to win a National Tour.” said Riggs. “I have watched Brandon Sheppard since he was 15 years old grow to become one the best dirt late model drivers in the country and we believe in his vision to build a successful racing program. Jason, Courtney, Tara and myself are all thrilled to be able to partner along-side the entire Sheppard family, and we look forward to a great relationship both on and off the track.”

The newly-formed SRR has committed to running the B5 car full-time in a national touring series during the 2023 season, but will wait to make the decision on which exact series until after the 2023 Florida Speedweeks. Whereas, fellow drivers Steve Sheppard Jr. (5S), Jason Riggs (81), and Jack Riggs (81J) will compete on a more limited schedule throughout the joint venture. Last season saw Sheppard collect 4 wins during Florida Speedweeks, the first occurring at Alltech Raceway with 3 more to follow at East Bay Raceway Park.

After finishing second in the 2022 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series points during a tightly contested battle with Tim McCreadie, the outcome has lit a fire under Brandon for what he hopes to be an incredible season to come. “No one wants to finish 2nd in anything. We all work really hard to prove that we are the best, and I trust the people around me and my experience to get us back on top of the box and win these Series Championships.” said the former World of Outlaw Champion. “Equally as important, we want to build a program that is just as strong off the track representing our partners through social media and activations to promote the sport of dirt late model racing.”

The 2023 campaign will kick off with the Wild West Shootout in Vado, New Mexico beginning January 7, 2023. For more information an updates on Brandon Sheppard and Sheppard Riggs Racing, please visit www.sheppardracing.com, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter.

MEDIA CONTACT:
    Ben Shelton, My Race Pass, ben.shelton@myracepass.com

TEAM CONTACT:
    Justin Cook, Justin Cook Management, justin@jcookmgmt.com
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Word is finally out.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Looking forward to seeing them in action.

Guess that explains the Tanner English deal huh? lol

He really should just go to WoO. Guaranteed wins nearly every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    He really should just go to WoO. Guaranteed wins nearly every weekend.
    Thats a FACT Jack especially if they change chassis brands ?

B-Shepp changing chassis brands lol

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    B-Shepp changing chassis brands lol
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Go to WOO, he only finished 2nd in the Lucas Oil series. geez

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    It would me.

You guys really think Sheppard is going to run longhorns? Lol

"You guys really think Sheppard is going to run longhorns? Lol"

Agree 100%. Some of you on here have very SHORT memories. The Last time I checked, BShepp has won over $3.5 Million dollars running those" crappy" Rockets. The distain on this board for Mark Richards & Rocket is unbelievable.

The only longhorn Riggs has right now is the one tanner races.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    You guys really think Sheppard is going to run longhorns? Lol
    Could be personal or financial reasons to do so. Things can be complicated. I wouldn't be shocked at all. It's not like he has ownership in Rocket chassis.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "You guys really think Sheppard is going to run longhorns? Lol"

Agree 100%. Some of you on here have very SHORT memories. The Last time I checked, BShepp has won over $3.5 Million dollars running those" crappy" Rockets. The distain on this board for Mark Richards & Rocket is unbelievable.
    If Shep winds up running a different brand, does he has disdain too?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Could be personal or financial reasons to do so. Things can be complicated. I wouldn't be shocked at all. It's not like he has ownership in Rocket chassis.
    That's not going to happen.

That's not going to happen.
    Sure would make heads explode. I don't see how Shep can complete this move away from Rocket 1 and still exchange Christmas cards with Mark.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Sure would make heads explode. I don't see how Shep can complete this move away from Rocket 1 and still exchange Christmas cards with Mark.
    There's no bad blood there. It comes down to Sheppard raising a family in Illinois. He was driving back and forth between Illinois and West Virginia. It's no bigger than that, as a family man, I completely understand.

There's no bad blood there. It comes down to Sheppard raising a family in Illinois. He was driving back and forth between Illinois and West Virginia. It's no bigger than that, as a family man, I completely understand.
    One guy doesn't like not being in control and is even a bit petty. I also saw what happened to team performance once word was out. You may very well have more first hand info, but there's really no reason for Shep to be married to the Rocket besides familiarity. Things change quickly in our sport, so that's only worth so much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Whats the over/under that Bshep has already tested both chassis?